DDOS

View previous topic View next topic Go down

DDOS

Post by Daniel on Sun Aug 04, 2013 1:20 am

Hey, just a heads up - we've been ddosed twice today. So if the server freezes or has mass lag it's due to DDOS. There's nothing we can do. I don't know why it's happening.. but it is.
Sorry.
avatar
Daniel
Owner
Owner

Male Posts : 705
Join date : 2013-05-15
Location : United Kingdom

View user profile http://igrp.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: DDOS

Post by Daniel on Sun Aug 04, 2013 2:17 am

Seems to have been sorted - message from the hosts

"Hi Dan,

Thanks for the notice, I believe there was a brief period a DoS attack took the server down for. The IP has been null-routed and the server is now back online. :-)"

_________________
avatar
Daniel
Owner
Owner

Male Posts : 705
Join date : 2013-05-15
Location : United Kingdom

View user profile http://igrp.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: DDOS

Post by Igor The Sloth on Sun Aug 04, 2013 3:57 am

Ask your host for a server bandwidth graph, then when it lags, check it for any spikes, if you see a spike instantly shut down the server. You will go down but instead of lagging for 30 min, you will be able to restart right back, and given that the DDOS'er wont reattempt to DDOS again, you should be fine.

avatar
Igor The Sloth
Member
Member

Posts : 125
Join date : 2013-07-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: DDOS

Post by Fulcrum on Mon Aug 05, 2013 6:42 pm

Igor The Sloth wrote:Ask your host for a server bandwidth graph, then when it lags, check it for any spikes, if you see a spike instantly shut down the server. You will go down but instead of lagging for 30 min, you will be able to restart right back, and given that the DDOS'er wont reattempt to DDOS again, you should be fine.


null routing the up is better. Means you don't have to shut the server down.

Chances are it was another server from the same host getting ddosed and we were just feeling the effects. Not enough people are banned so the chances of actually being ddosed are low imo.

Fulcrum
Member
Member

Male Posts : 384
Join date : 2013-05-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: DDOS

Post by Igor The Sloth on Tue Aug 06, 2013 4:07 am

Fulcrum wrote:
Igor The Sloth wrote:Ask your host for a server bandwidth graph, then when it lags, check it for any spikes, if you see a spike instantly shut down the server. You will go down but instead of lagging for 30 min, you will be able to restart right back, and given that the DDOS'er wont reattempt to DDOS again, you should be fine.


null routing the up is better. Means you don't have to shut the server down.

Chances are it was another server from the same host getting ddosed and we were just  feeling the effects. Not enough people are banned so the chances of actually being ddosed are low imo.

Null routing wont always do it if the host sucks. DSUK never bothered with that stuff, and I doubt your host will too. What I said is just something you can do on top of the null route to make sure the DDOS stops ASAP.

And DDOS chance is always high lol. All you need is a kid with decent internet and the brains to figure out what software he needs to DDOS. People will DDOS you just for the fun of it.
avatar
Igor The Sloth
Member
Member

Posts : 125
Join date : 2013-07-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: DDOS

Post by Daniel on Tue Aug 06, 2013 4:11 am

Yeah. We just got ddosed again a min ago ;3

_________________
avatar
Daniel
Owner
Owner

Male Posts : 705
Join date : 2013-05-15
Location : United Kingdom

View user profile http://igrp.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: DDOS

Post by Pjosip on Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:20 am

Igor The Sloth wrote:And DDOS chance is always high lol. All you need is a kid with decent internet and the brains to figure out what software he needs to DDOS. People will DDOS you just for the fun of it.

Nope, all you need is a kid that can use google and search "DDOS".
/me flies away
avatar
Pjosip
Member
Member

Male Posts : 202
Join date : 2013-07-12
Age : 22
Location : Zagreb, Croatia

View user profile http://thedominionnetwork.ewwbly.com

Back to top Go down

Re: DDOS

Post by Igor The Sloth on Tue Aug 06, 2013 2:13 pm

Pjosip wrote:
Igor The Sloth wrote:And DDOS chance is always high lol. All you need is a kid with decent internet and the brains to figure out what software he needs to DDOS. People will DDOS you just for the fun of it.

Nope, all you need is a kid that can use google and search "DDOS".
/me flies away

You just pretty much repeated what I said... Mr Smart ass.
avatar
Igor The Sloth
Member
Member

Posts : 125
Join date : 2013-07-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: DDOS

Post by Fulcrum on Tue Aug 06, 2013 4:14 pm

imo all you need is a kid that can use google and search "DDOS".
/me walks away

Fulcrum
Member
Member

Male Posts : 384
Join date : 2013-05-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: DDOS

Post by Daniel on Sat Aug 10, 2013 3:00 am

Massive DDOS attack atm.. server has been down for a while.

_________________
avatar
Daniel
Owner
Owner

Male Posts : 705
Join date : 2013-05-15
Location : United Kingdom

View user profile http://igrp.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: DDOS

Post by Felor Metlock on Sat Aug 10, 2013 3:11 am

Daniel wrote:Massive DDOS attack atm.. server has been down for a while.
Now im poor only got like $2340 ish, and had 8 smgs.

Felor Metlock
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 175
Join date : 2013-05-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: DDOS

Post by Hubert Cumberdale on Sat Aug 10, 2013 3:36 am

can anybody say when the server will be running again?

Hubert Cumberdale
Member
Member

Posts : 4
Join date : 2013-08-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: DDOS

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum