Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Possible Jobs for the server?

+5
Hart Silver
Bassman274
Rodney Bryson
Felor Metlock
Daniel
9 posters

Go down

Possible Jobs for the server? Empty Possible Jobs for the server?

Post by Daniel Sun May 19, 2013 10:20 pm

My suggestions, tell me what you think.
Police Jobs would consists of;

Mayor - The political force of the town, he/she shall control the laws etc. (Compulsory laws such as weapons being illegal, will be added. Mayor will also have unique things that will need to be though of).
Police Officer - Regular, standard police job, everyone has access too.
Police Sergeant - Has a deagle rather than a pistol, and is higher ranking than the officer. For 'Members' only (going off the new ranking system).
Senior Police Officer - Takes orders directly off the mayor, controls the police force and the actions that are performed. For Premium users only.
Special Forces - These are the people who you would see called in when there are terrorist attacks, they are trained with the appropriate weaponery and explosives to protect the city in its extreme time of need. For Premium users only
Detective/Secret Agent - This may or may not be added, you go undercover and seek out information from mobs/gangs. (donator +)

Tweaking of the permissions may be needed, possibly considering making the Senior Police officer for 'Members' too.

Crime jobs would consist of;

Crook - Solo criminal, involves solo raiding - is not allowed to work with any mobs. (For Donator plus)
Gangs (Gang Leader, Gangster) Gangs are territorial groups, and generally have a pecking order, and certain requirements for admission. They are the typical USA street gangs etc. (For guests +)
Mobsters (Mob Leader, Mobster) "The Mob", on the other hand, is a catch-all of sorts to describe a large network of gangs who are merely better organized than the previously mentioned sort of gangs. They are operated as a business (of sorts), though in the end, force is their trade. (For guests +)
Drug Dealers - Sells drugs that give side effects to other users.

Trading jobs would consists of;

Shop-Keeper - Will sell food (which will restore hp), drinks (water - which will in someway help with drugs, maybe an energy drink which makes you run faster for a certain period of time), and also knives more than likely more to be added here.
Bar Owner - Can spawn a microwave to provide food that restores hp, sells a variety beer, also sells water.
Small Illegal Weapons Merchant - Sells anything from hand guns to shotguns (or small machine-guns).
Heavy Illegal Weapons Merchant - Sells all the illegal heavy weapons for high costs, this also includes explosives, from snipers to machine guns (m4's, ak's, rpg's, slams, etc) - This is for 'Members' plus.
Rarity Illegal Weapons Merchant - Sells rare weapons. (Not sure what yet, this may not be added, if so it would be for member plus)
Vehicle Seller - This really depends on the map choice, however - They would sell vehicles, they would not be hl2 jeep's etc and would be edging towards real life cars. (Donator Plus)

Regular Jobs;

Citizen (Spawn In job)
High Class Citizen (donator plus)
Hobo

Other Jobs;

Doctor's/Nurses -> You charge money for healing, however it will consist of medical RP, with better looking models etc.
Guard/BodyGuard -> Charge money for protecting something.
Hitman -> Charge $450 or over for the killing of someone.
Banker -> Charges money for the legal holding of money printers, into which you can come and collect regularly. Insurance cost etc is advisable. (Member +)

Thanks to felor for some of the ideas.

Last edited by Daniel on Sun May 26, 2013 3:51 am; edited 1 time in total
Daniel
Daniel
Owner
Owner

Male Posts : 705

https://igrp.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Possible Jobs for the server? Empty Re: Possible Jobs for the server?

Post by Felor Metlock Sun May 19, 2013 10:34 pm

I like em.
although maybe have a special indebt job as a punishment for small things?
For rarities and Heavy the M9K specialties pack would be well suited for this. Just have a little look in SP and see what you think.

Felor Metlock

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodney Bryson Sun May 19, 2013 10:55 pm

They seem really good
I like that hobos are not tramps anymore Razz
Rodney Bryson
Rodney Bryson
Co-Owner
Co-Owner

Male Posts : 221

Back to top Go down

Post by Bassman274 Sun May 19, 2013 11:54 pm

Rarity sounds brony-ish. Looks good to me, just to ask, what skin is Hobo going to have? Also, are the cars going to be permanent when bought?
Bassman274
Bassman274
Head-Admin
Head-Admin

Male Posts : 293

Back to top Go down

Post by Hart Silver Wed May 22, 2013 4:33 am

I was hoping the limit of Mobsters would be higher than on HGRP. I find having only 3 mobsters limits the Mob a bit too much. I always thought that with a few more mobsters it would make RP and crime a bit more interesting. Apart from that, I like the job selection.

Last edited by Hart Silver on Wed May 22, 2013 4:35 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Forgot to add something.)
Hart Silver
Hart Silver
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 134

Back to top Go down

Post by The Scavenger Wed May 22, 2013 4:50 am

Hart Silver wrote:I was hoping the limit of Mobsters would be higher than on HGRP. I find having only 3 mobsters limits the Mob a bit too much. I always thought that with a few more mobsters it would make RP and crime a bit more interesting. Apart from that, I like the job selection.

When you think about it, there are 4 in a gang. 4 seems to be enough + there is another gang on the opposing side. Though saying that I can't see why, in a certain RP situation, those gangs can't make a temporary peace treaty (for an example) to take down the police or something.
The Scavenger
The Scavenger

Male Posts : 125

Back to top Go down

Post by Burty Wed May 22, 2013 5:05 am

if you think about it. if there was more mobsters there will need to be more Police members online. for example if there was 6 mobsters active you will need at least 4 cops to minimise the chaos.

Burty

Back to top Go down

Post by Hart Silver Wed May 22, 2013 5:17 am

The Scavenger wrote:
Hart Silver wrote:I was hoping the limit of Mobsters would be higher than on HGRP. I find having only 3 mobsters limits the Mob a bit too much. I always thought that with a few more mobsters it would make RP and crime a bit more interesting. Apart from that, I like the job selection.

When you think about it, there are 4 in a gang. 4 seems to be enough + there is another gang on the opposing side. Though saying that I can't see why, in a certain RP situation, those gangs can't make a temporary peace treaty (for an example) to take down the police or something.

Yeah, I suppose, but when I go Mob Boss I like to organize everything such as raid groups, guards, who mugs people etc, and having just a few extra mobsters who I could trust (not the opposing gang) would make organizing stuff easier. I also think it would improve RP due to the fact that the Mob might actually be able to fight the police force instead of just getting destroyed by 6 cops to 4 gang members.
Hart Silver
Hart Silver
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 134

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodney Bryson Wed May 22, 2013 5:29 am

Too many mobsters would be op. I'd say max 4. When I am crook I often get steamrolled by mobsters because of their number. I have tried having to sneak into their base to steal stuff (hard in itself, had to get hobos to distract them etc), then I had to kill 2 mobsters, then a third mobster and the don comes down with umps and kills me.
Rodney Bryson
Rodney Bryson
Co-Owner
Co-Owner

Male Posts : 221

Back to top Go down

Post by Bassman274 Wed May 22, 2013 6:40 am

Rodney Bryson wrote:Too many mobsters would be op. I'd say max 4. When I am crook I often get steamrolled by mobsters because of their number. I have tried having to sneak into their base to steal stuff (hard in itself, had to get hobos to distract them etc), then I had to kill 2 mobsters, then a third mobster and the don comes down with umps and kills me.

Know that feel bro. Besides, 4 in a mob, 4 other side 8 in total. Max cops is 5 I think...
Bassman274
Bassman274
Head-Admin
Head-Admin

Male Posts : 293

Back to top Go down

Post by ThatRandomGuy Wed May 22, 2013 7:25 am

Can we please have no drug dealer? You guys tried it in the last server and it clearly DIDN'T WORK. It led to failrp children that walked down the street yelling "WHO WANTZ DRUGZ???????" To everyone they saw. Before I quit, I watched a child drug dealer walk up to three cops, asked if they wanted drugs, and sold them all drugs RIGHt ACROSS from the PD on the street. Drug dealer needs an actual purpose and a HUGE revamp or I guarantee you will not get serious RP

ThatRandomGuy

Back to top Go down

Post by Saburo Wed May 22, 2013 7:27 am

Not making the coding easy on yourself I see. :p
Saburo
Saburo

Male Posts : 11

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel Wed May 22, 2013 7:30 am

Saburo wrote:Not making the coding easy on yourself I see. :p

Pretty much just what's on HGRP? :p
Daniel
Daniel
Owner
Owner

Male Posts : 705

https://igrp.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down