Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Some help.. / advice?

+2
Fulcrum
Daniel
6 posters

Go down

Some help.. / advice? Empty Some help.. / advice?

Post by Daniel Fri Aug 02, 2013 7:29 pm

Hey.
Atm I feel like i'm literally going to explode. I know quite a few members have ran a server, or atleast would have some good advice for me.

I currently, manage donations, manage the staff, admin the server (which is a big job considering alot of the time normal staff ignore requests), add stuff to the server, run the forums, manage ranks on the forums, moderate the forums, sort out staff complaints, (manage ban appeals + requests, but have help from tyler now) - it is far too much for me. I know some of you may be like "duuu ur the owner kid" or w/e, but I personally feel like it would be impossible to do all this every day of the week, as already my head feels like it wants to explode.

We get a nice amount of players on the server daily, which is nice, but then it's dealing with the ddosers who always fuck shit up which is even more stressful as it tends to involve a ton of messages on steam aswell.

So i'm looking for some advice, what should I do? I never get to enjoy myself on the server anymore, and I feel like i'm becoming more segregated from actually roleplaying as it goes on. I'm kinda at the last stage here now, hence why I'm making this post. Any time that I try to go on a different game, a ton of bad shit usually happens on the server, or I simply get messaged on steam 900 times to join the server.

Daniel
Daniel
Owner
Owner

Male Posts : 705

https://igrp.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Some help.. / advice? Empty Re: Some help.. / advice?

Post by Fulcrum Fri Aug 02, 2013 9:29 pm

What simon did quit successfully was he ran the head admins, head admins ran the admins, admins and mods ran the server.

Try a different kind of roleplay, think of something which you find fun. Doesn't have to be 100% rp or even 100% in the rules. You and others having fun is more important than the server ranking. 10 good players having fun is better than 30 players who just log in get cash from printers and never talking to each other.

The ddos thing is big atm. There is a group going round crashing servers than bragging about it on twitter.

Hand off jobs to people. Someone is interested in web stuff? Let them manage the forums (like you did on csrp)

Try not to gone on quite so much, youre on most of the day every day, that will leave no real movement space. Try different stuff. Make a power station, be a dictator use ur admin powers to give some1 special powers and have the cops hunt him down in the sewers (hes a mutant!)

IF you wanna chat just message me, if you got an idea for sometihng you want coded talk to me.

As for that "duuu ur the owner kid" you taken on alot of work. More than I could do. People say oh i could do that, but they couldnt. They'd burn out.

Fulcrum

Male Posts : 384

Back to top Go down

Post by T. Bowman Fri Aug 02, 2013 9:34 pm

Delegate responsibilities like Fulc mentioned. You have your entire network of staff to look for people to take on specific jobs. Like in HGRP when I ran apps and Joe ran appeals and like you have me doing appeals now. Admins should expect more responsibility because it is hard running a server all by yourself. Find a temporary Co to look after the server while you're offline if you need to.
T. Bowman
T. Bowman
Co-Owner
Co-Owner

Male Posts : 111

Back to top Go down

Post by Cypher Fri Aug 02, 2013 11:35 pm

Adding to fulcrums post, you made us Staff because you can trust us. Checks and balances work out well even in GMOD. Assign staff to technical, management, and PR positions
Cypher
Cypher
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 206

Back to top Go down

Post by dxmarc Fri Aug 02, 2013 11:56 pm

Cypher wrote:Adding to fulcrums post, you made us Staff because you can trust us. Checks and balances work out well even in GMOD. Assign staff to technical, management, and PR positions
Do exactly this. Give the most important positions to the staff that you believe can handle them and not have to ask for help every few minutes....

dxmarc

Back to top Go down

Post by Fulcrum Sat Aug 03, 2013 12:11 am

+ if the staff have responsibility itll build them as a character.

Fulcrum

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel Sat Aug 03, 2013 12:14 am

I've noticed with some staff however, I actually have to ask them to come on. I'm hoping for this to change.
Thanks for the advice anyway. I'm going to assign staff different things from now on.
Even today so far I've taken a break from dealing with admin situations on server and have had more fun already. I'll think of something up for assigning staff positions.
Daniel
Daniel
Owner
Owner

Male Posts : 705

https://igrp.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Pjosip Sat Aug 03, 2013 1:18 am

Dissapear for a week and see how current staff manages.
And have som IRL fun and forget about Gmod for that week Wink
Pjosip
Pjosip

Male Posts : 202

http://thedominionnetwork.ewwbly.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Fulcrum Sat Aug 03, 2013 1:20 am

daniel will be staggering dazed around the red light district amsterdam. Pale skin, bags under eyes wearing only a smoke smelling, heavily stained, tatty fur coat. Nothing in his pockets but a crumpled 5 euro note with lipstick on it.

Fulcrum

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum