Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New laptop!

+6
Felor Metlock
Rodney Bryson
Fredd Higgins
Igor The Sloth
Cypher
Teletric
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

New laptop! - Page 2 Empty Re: New laptop!

Post by Rendered-spectre Tue Aug 20, 2013 4:26 am

Fulcrum wrote:I'm threadjack this shit.

I wanna buy a new pc. Any suggestions?

Needs to run mudbox/other hi poly sculpt and render stuff along with compiling maps and code.
Want a new PC? Talk to Cypher. Helped me out with the specs for my current build, £875, runs Crysis 3 Singleplayer at 35-60 fps constant.

10/10 would consult again.
Rendered-spectre
Rendered-spectre

Male Posts : 58

Back to top Go down

Post by Teletric Tue Aug 20, 2013 1:06 pm

I actually saw some reviews and it says my Laptop can run almost every new game on a maximum of high settings. Saw some videos of Battlefield 3 on GeForce 730 and it ran pretty fast on high. But the laptop I got is sort of a consumer laptop and a gaming laptop thrown in a blender, so I guess I better get ready for mass bloatware.
Teletric
Teletric

Male Posts : 70

Back to top Go down

Post by Cypher Tue Aug 20, 2013 1:57 pm

Teletric wrote:I actually saw some reviews and it says my Laptop can run almost every new game on a maximum of high settings. Saw some videos of Battlefield 3 on GeForce 730 and it ran pretty fast on high. But the laptop I got is sort of a consumer laptop and a gaming laptop thrown in a blender, so I guess I better get ready for mass bloatware.
Right. Doesn't matter how high the settings are, Resolution's the killer in most games.

Most laptops are cranked down to something like 1366 x 768 if I recall correctly.

Hook up an external monitor and brag about Max settings on 1080P.
Cypher
Cypher
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 206

Back to top Go down

Post by Teletric Tue Aug 20, 2013 3:02 pm

Cypher wrote:
Teletric wrote:I actually saw some reviews and it says my Laptop can run almost every new game on a maximum of high settings. Saw some videos of Battlefield 3 on GeForce 730 and it ran pretty fast on high. But the laptop I got is sort of a consumer laptop and a gaming laptop thrown in a blender, so I guess I better get ready for mass bloatware.
Right. Doesn't matter how high the settings are, Resolution's the killer in most games.

Most laptops are cranked down to something like 1366 x 768 if I recall correctly.

Eh, I guess I could do that when I'm at home.
Thanks for the advice, bruh. I really appreciate it.
Teletric
Teletric

Back to top Go down

Post by Igor The Sloth Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:02 pm

Cypher wrote:

While you are 100% right with the resolution, it often varies between the hardware. For example my 7970s give me almost no performance differences between something like the 1366x768 res or 1080p.

For some people changing the resolution might be a big deal, while for others its pointless.
Igor The Sloth
Igor The Sloth

Back to top Go down

Post by Cypher Wed Aug 21, 2013 3:17 am

Igor The Sloth wrote:
Cypher wrote:

While you are 100% right with the resolution, it often varies between the hardware. For example my 7970s give me almost no performance differences between something like the 1366x768 res or 1080p.

For some people changing the resolution might be a big deal, while for others its pointless.
Then again you have TWO 7970's...
Cypher
Cypher
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 206

Back to top Go down

Post by Teletric Wed Aug 21, 2013 5:01 am

Can I use MSi Afterburner on my laptop?
Teletric
Teletric

Back to top Go down

Post by Igor The Sloth Wed Aug 21, 2013 6:07 am

Cypher wrote:
Igor The Sloth wrote:
Cypher wrote:

Then again you have TWO 7970's...
Yea but cutting the resolution by that much should really take off a big load off the cards, but in my case it doesnt Sad
Igor The Sloth
Igor The Sloth

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum