Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Unban request for Bompi

+3
Kikbow
Daniel
Bompi
7 posters

Go down

Unban request for Bompi Empty Unban request for Bompi

Post by Bompi Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:28 am

Your Steam Name: Username: foukisbilen, Name: Bompi
Your Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:20419525
Date and Time of incident: 11.06.2013 16:00 +- 2 minutes
Who banned you: Daniel / SilentChaos
How long were you banned for: Permanently
What Happened? Why were you banned:

Reason 1: Role playing an helmet as a joke while no one was role playing seriously (no one complained about "sex man" who ran around giving people aids).
Reason 2: Smashing a prop against a wall a couple of times. My reason for doing this was that something from the workshop Alex told me to download didn't like the fact that i was missing a lot of textures, so my entire screen was a broken texture. I could only see my hud and viewmodel, but i could also see the physgun propglow, so I used that to navigate.

Could have been fun role playing as a blind person if i had gotten a chance to explain myself. I would also have stopped if I was told to by an mod/admin/owner.

If you want proof that i was actually blind, let me on the server and i can take screenshots.
Bompi
Bompi

Back to top Go down

Unban request for Bompi Empty Re: Unban request for Bompi

Post by Daniel Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:32 am

Fail RP and propmingery. You also claimed that 'nobody was going to read the rules' - therefore you hadn't yourself.
I want others opinions on this. Possible lower ban time?
Daniel
Daniel
Owner
Owner

Male Posts : 705

https://igrp.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Kikbow Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:34 am

In Bompi's defence, he got directly kicked after being seen by the admin, instead of stopped + inquired. His job was set to "Blind", and he stopped after getting seen to explain himself. Thus, he was kicked with the chat on which, as an old and current bug, made him get stuck on a black screen which forced him to close his GMOD by the Task Manager and thus he can not acess the console and find the texture bug.

Source: Being there, and trying to find way of fixing the black screen bug so he could acess the logs through steam chat.

Lower ban time seems good. I know Bompi is a good player if he wants, he was just messing around since he had just joined the server (then it crashed, and the texture bug came up).
Kikbow
Kikbow

Male Posts : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by The-Devils-Son Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:37 am

1st. early on in the day you said to me and dan that you would not read the rules because there were too many of them.

2nd. if you could not see the map 1. why did you not restart gmod. 2. if it was a addon server side we would all have the problem. 3 you were running down the streets normal and sometimes hitting the walls to your left and right? and you were hitting them so hard the map shook a few times.

The-Devils-Son
Head-Admin
Head-Admin

Male Posts : 159

Back to top Go down

Post by Bompi Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:38 am

Most of the time no one was playing seriously. Was also somewhat hard to take role playing seriously since half the textures was missing, but I figured out that CS:S wasn't mounted properly.

What I said about the rules was half-joking. I skimmed through the rules to see if there was anything out of the ordinary.

Edit in response to latest post: How would i know the walls were there if I didn't hit them? I had to keep hitting them in order to not run into the wall. Was also quite violent since if I did it slowly it would take a long long time to get anywhere.

Last edited by Bompi on Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:40 am; edited 1 time in total
Bompi
Bompi

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:39 am

Oh, I suppose its fine because he's just messing around, right?
Daniel
Daniel
Owner
Owner

Male Posts : 705

https://igrp.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex_v Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:42 am

I witnessed some of Bompi's actions, they were pretty questionable, but if the ban is perma then I suggest setting it to something less, because I wouldn't mind seeing Bompi again, as long as he roleplays.
Alex_v
Alex_v

Male Posts : 11

Back to top Go down

Post by Bompi Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:45 am

Daniel wrote:Oh, I suppose its fine because he's just messing around, right?

I was new to the server and had not gotten much of a chance to familiarize myself with how things worked around here. First thing I saw after joining was the "sex man" who ran up to me and asked for sex. Let's just say it didn't leave the first impression of a serious role play server. I skimmed the rules, asked some questions, jumped around a bit to see what people were doing. When I said in chat that half my textures were missing, Alex gave me a list of mods to install, and I did. After the server restarted because of a crash, one of the mod had covered my screen, probably the drug mod or something with broken textures. CS:S wasn't mounted properly, so that was probably the problem.
Bompi
Bompi

Back to top Go down

Post by The-Devils-Son Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:45 am

Oh ok then i use to not have Css and i could see around the map only thing that did not load on the map was the sky and some of the walls but the walls which did not load were black/purple checkered and you could see the outlines so you could still see around the map.

The-Devils-Son
Head-Admin
Head-Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The-Devils-Son Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:47 am

also i never saw a guy called sexman and dan was on at the time so us admins might of not been on when he was running around

The-Devils-Son
Head-Admin
Head-Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Bompi Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:48 am

The-Devils-Son wrote:Oh ok then i use to not have Css and i could see around the map only thing that did not load on the map was the sky and some of the walls but the walls which did not load were black/purple checkered and you could see the outlines so you could still see around the map.

Like I said previously, I could play fine with the missing textures. It was a workshop thing I installed that covered my screen.
Bompi
Bompi

Back to top Go down

Post by Kikbow Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:50 am

I saw a guy named sex man and yes, he was going around and telling people they just got aids.
Kikbow
Kikbow

Male Posts : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by The Scavenger Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:16 am

Sex man and Aids? kids under 10 play on this server buddy, And i'm sure they don't need to know about that shit yet. Also if i'm correct this is a Serious RP server. Though, Perma is too much imo.
The Scavenger
The Scavenger

Male Posts : 125

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodney Bryson Wed Jun 12, 2013 5:32 am

I'd say reduce to a temp. ban.
A couple of days maybe or so.

Because another person is being stupid doesn't justify your actions.
Rodney Bryson
Rodney Bryson
Co-Owner
Co-Owner

Male Posts : 221

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel Wed Jun 12, 2013 5:42 am

Ban changed to 1 week.
Daniel
Daniel
Owner