Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Serious RP

+7
ThatRandomGuy
dxmarc
SilentK
Fulcrum
Daniel
T. Bowman
Pjosip
11 posters

Go down

Serious RP Empty Serious RP

Post by Pjosip Mon Aug 05, 2013 2:45 pm

So I have noticed some mebers (and some staff) preffer more in-ddepth, serious RP.
While others preffer semi serous.
Here is an example:
(Semi serious)
A law on the lawboard is all weapons are illegal, cop sees a person with a weapon and arrests him.
(Serious)
Same law, Officer sees a person with a weapon (not pointed at him), calls for backup, another unit arrives, they sorround the person, ask them to drop their weapon and fine him.

So I was thinking if it's possible to assign a tag that will say "Serious" or "SemiSerious".
After playing for awhile, person can for instance be promoted to Trusted, and when he joins a server he gets promped with a question with 2 clickable buttons.
"Welcome back, do you wanna play [Serious] or [Semi Serious] today.

That way you can clearly se what type of a roleplay a person would preffer.
This is very handy when you are dealing with pistols or even heavy weapons, when if you try to do serious RP people might take advantage of any oppertunity to shoot you in the face (for instance you ask them to drop their weapon, they drop one, and as you switch to pocket tool to pick it up they swithc to a shotkun and kill you)

It does require some coding on the admin side, but on the player side it is really simple and very helpfull.

Feel free to say how you would change or improve my idea.
Pjosip
Pjosip

Male Posts : 202

http://thedominionnetwork.ewwbly.com

Back to top Go down

Serious RP Empty Re: Serious RP

Post by T. Bowman Mon Aug 05, 2013 2:51 pm

I thought the server was more Serious RP based anyways.
T. Bowman
T. Bowman
Co-Owner
Co-Owner

Male Posts : 111

Back to top Go down

Post by Pjosip Mon Aug 05, 2013 3:00 pm

Yep, but still, some people preffer More serous, some less.
And it can mean allot to tell who's who.

As I said, 2 types of people.
One will try to roleplay out of the situatuon, anoter looks for first chance to shoot his way out.
Pjosip
Pjosip

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel Mon Aug 05, 2013 6:28 pm

It should always be serious Rp.
Sadly we're having issues with staff not enforcing it - and I also admit after playing for around 10hrs on the server I tend not to be as serious as I could be, but at that point I tend not to Rp at all and handle complaints etc.

I am going to start seriously enforcing proper Rp from now on. Although it is really hard to do on my own with no staff support (as I have struggled with it so far)
Daniel
Daniel
Owner
Owner

Male Posts : 705

https://igrp.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Pjosip Mon Aug 05, 2013 6:39 pm

If I can be honest, people who join Dark RP are not looking for serious RP, people usually have HL2RP and MUTCH MUTCH stricter rules and administration, I mean there is no mocking about, you eater play as you are intended to, or perma ban, no educating newbies, no sechond, third, fifth chances.
Pjosip
Pjosip

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel Mon Aug 05, 2013 6:41 pm

There's a big difference in the Rp were trying to enforce and the Rp  on hl2 Rp.
What I'm basically trying to enforce is RP rather than shoot everyone etc etc.
Daniel
Daniel
Owner
Owner

Male Posts : 705

https://igrp.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Pjosip Mon Aug 05, 2013 6:47 pm

That's ok, but certain percentage will always look for the shortest way out of the RP.
For instance all the people that randomly walk into a gunfight between crooks and police (my most hated thing).
Not everybody is willing to roleplay when they can shoot the guy without braking any rules.

I mean just by comparing this server to other DarkRP servers you can see a big difference.
Pjosip
Pjosip

Back to top Go down

Post by Fulcrum Mon Aug 05, 2013 7:55 pm

Issue is guns are too easy to get. Money wise and availabilty.

Anyone can go farm money with pritners then buy an automatic. This will give them more power than most cops. Currently its rare to not have a gun. It should be rare/illegal to have a gun.

Fulcrum

Male Posts : 384

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentK Mon Aug 05, 2013 8:51 pm

Yeah, guns are very easy to acquire.

• NoRP
    RP
    Semi-Serious RP
    SeriousRP <---- We are here!
    RealRP
    Real Life
SilentK
SilentK

Male Posts : 47

Back to top Go down

Post by dxmarc Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:25 pm

I also try to enforce serious RP a lot of the time. The fact of the matter is, people can't RP...

dxmarc

Back to top Go down

Post by Fulcrum Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:37 pm

dxmarc wrote:I also try to enforce serious RP a lot of the time. The fact of the matter is, people can't RP...

This.

People play darkrp because they are told what to do.
Be a gundealer, sell guns for money.
Be a cop arrest murderers or people with printers.
Be a mobster, get printers. OR in igrp case. Mug people. When you tell them to mug people that is literally what they do. All they do.

There needs to be some guiding hand. Some way to help newbies into actual roleplay instead of just filling the tick boxes required. I dont think some people actually enjoy roleplay. They prefer to just amass money and shoot people. No names but a certain mobboss with a massive kill count always going to the crack house and fortifying it.

Im a mobboss so I gotta have printers right?

Fulcrum

Back to top Go down

Post by Pjosip Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:14 am

Main reason why it is how it is, is because we still have allot of random people joining and playin how they play on other DarkRP servers, not realising we ask from them something different.
Truth to be old I have been playing on the server for about 2 weeks, and i learned how to play not to brake rules but just grasphed the serious RP thing witch I will try to enforce as mutch as I can given that I can't do administrative duty.

But on the other hand I can't take each and every player by the hand and guide them how to RP.
Pjosip
Pjosip

Back to top Go down

Post by ThatRandomGuy Tue Aug 06, 2013 12:05 pm

Problem with darkrp is that assumes its just another ordinary server
I've come to the point where I can literally not play on the server when the majority of players are ransoms I don't know, because NOBoDY does seriousRP for a majority of jobs

ThatRandomGuy

Back to top Go down

Post by Cypher Tue Aug 06, 2013 12:07 pm

I think groups'll liven up the RP a bit...
Cypher
Cypher
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 206

Back to top Go down

Post by ThatRandomGuy Tue Aug 06, 2013 12:14 pm

Cypher wrote:I think groups'll liven up the RP a bit...

Gonna be honest, playing the agency and interacting with other groups, gangs, police, etc in hgrp was what I spent the majority of my time doing, and I had the most fun doing it. Sure, maybe the forum end of that was underused, but that doesn't necessarily need to be even made. Playing with RP groups guarantees seriousRP players can play with other serious RP players and do something interesting

In all honesty this is probably already happening anyway with the Johnson clan and ciphers pmc (no idea if its there, I just assume based off their signatures)

ThatRandomGuy

Back to top Go down

Post by T. Bowman Tue Aug 06, 2013 12:17 pm

ThatRandomGuy wrote:

Gonna be honest, playing the agency and interacting with other groups, gangs, police, etc in hgrp was what I spent  the majority of my time doing, and I had the most fun doing it. Sure, maybe the forum end of that was underused, but that doesn't necessarily need to be even made. Playing with RP groups guarantees seriousRP players can play with other serious RP players and do something interesting

In all honesty this is probably already happening anyway with the Johnson clan and ciphers pmc (no idea if its there, I just assume based off their signatures)

Not here yet, but hopefully soon. And this is basically how I feel as well. Best part about it is that groups like this will want to recruit other serious RP'ers as well, limited the access from outsiders. So if outsiders actually wanna be in these groups, they'll either learn to RP or they'll continue to do dumb shit and miss out on the true fun.
T. Bowman
T. Bowman
Co-Owner
Co-Owner

Male Posts : 111

Back to top Go down

Post by bloodwolf1992 Thu Aug 08, 2013 6:50 am

that is true dxmarc but that is because they have no reference point you know something to compare it too

bloodwolf1992

Back to top Go down

Post by Fulcrum Thu Aug 08, 2013 7:02 am

T. Bowman wrote:
ThatRandomGuy wrote:

Gonna be honest, playing the agency and interacting with other groups, gangs, police, etc in hgrp was what I spent  the majority of my time doing, and I had the most fun doing it. Sure, maybe the forum end of that was underused, but that doesn't necessarily need to be even made. Playing with RP groups guarantees seriousRP players can play with other serious RP players and do something interesting

Not here yet, but hopefully soon. And this is basically how I feel as well. Best part about it is that groups like this will want to recruit other serious RP'ers as well, limited the access from outsiders. So if outsiders actually wanna be in these groups, they'll either learn to RP or they'll continue to do dumb shit and miss out on the true fun.

I been meaning to talk about groups. Tyler ill make a post in the discussion section so you dan and rodney and mull it over.

Fulcrum

Back to top Go down

Post by Teletric Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:58 am

Wasn't really a big fan of groups. For example, Im just an innocent civilian who is doing no harm, then a PMC comes charging through my door, take their AK-47s out, ALL of them fire at me simultaneously like maniacs, then walk out like nothing even happened.
Teletric
Teletric

Male Posts : 70

Back to top Go down

Post by ThatRandomGuy Thu Aug 08, 2013 12:36 pm

Teletric wrote:Wasn't really a big fan of groups. For example, Im just an innocent civilian who is doing no harm, then a PMC comes charging through my door, take their AK-47s out, ALL of them fire at me simultaneously like maniacs, then walk out like nothing even happened.

Alright pretty sure this never happened, or it happened once and it didn't go down like your describing it..

ThatRandomGuy

Back to top Go down

Post by Cypher Thu Aug 08, 2013 12:38 pm

Teletric wrote:Wasn't really a big fan of groups. For example, Im just an innocent civilian who is doing no harm, then a PMC comes charging through my door, take their AK-47s out, ALL of them fire at me simultaneously like maniacs, then walk out like nothing even happened.

I'm giving you a warning as a staff at this point.

Thats the FOURTH time today you've brought things up that you've been TOLD not to. Either knock it off, or get over it.
You've been trying to instigate all this bull so that you can get sympathy points and make me look like an arse.

(Btw protip I'm already an arse)
Cypher
Cypher
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 206

Back to top Go down

Post by Memphis Raines Thu Aug 08, 2013 5:07 pm

Its funny cuz, When i am on and i meet FailRP / Very bad RP i usually try to tell the ppl what they did wrong and/or could've done better. But that always turns out a shitstorm and ppl tell me to fuck off to HL2RP, or "What was i expecting? Its DarkRP!"
Memphis Raines
Memphis Raines

Male Posts : 69

Back to top Go down

Post by Teletric Fri Aug 09, 2013 7:01 am

ThatRandomGuy wrote:

Alright pretty sure this never happened, or it happened once and it didn't go down like your describing it..
Yeah, you're right. They actually had various different weapons on them.
Teletric
Teletric

Male Posts : 70

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum