Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Server events.

4 posters

Go down

Server events. Empty Server events.

Post by Pjosip Fri Aug 16, 2013 4:47 pm

How about staff members make server-wide events from time to time, doesen't have to be big.
Here are few ideas.

Zombie apocalypse:
Basicly an admin quiclky flies around the map, and places zombie spawners.
He puts less of them on the surface but more in the sewers and none inside houses, he first activates the one in sewers as "An infection has made hobos hiding in the sewers zombify!" and than about 4 minutes later he activates the ones on the surface (maby not to spawn on main streets, but in side streets and hidden areas).

The amount of zombies should be about 6 on surface and 13 underground, so it is not too mutch and doesen't get in the way of RP, but it is interesting to have something to kill!

Money transfer:
This event could happen more often.
Basicly you make one of the buildings a bank, and staff takes the role of security guards transffering the money from one part of the server to another.
While this event is active staff wears a distinctive clothes that differs them from CP, and are a KOS targets to mobsters/gangsters/thiefs.
Police can join in, but I advise you don't do that as you never know when some kid will take it as KOS all mobsters/gangsters.
Event takes place for around 3 minutes and if a person manages to snitch a prop (money bag or something) and get away, he gets awarded 30k.

These are the ones I could think of that wouldn't interfeer with regular RP, so if you don't want to participate, you don't have to!
With zombie apocalypse you can simply lock yourself inside and shoot them from the windows, and with Money Transfer you simply ignore it if you wish.

Seen similar (tbh more complicated and way more laggy) stuff on popular servers, and people are asked to vote for them.
Pjosip
Pjosip

Male Posts : 202

http://thedominionnetwork.ewwbly.com

Back to top Go down

Server events. Empty Re: Server events.

Post by Igor The Sloth Fri Aug 16, 2013 8:31 pm

Personally I think that server events spoil the roleplay. People who want money stop RPing and join them, and those who wish to stay out of them, end up having no one to RP with cause rest of the server is taking part in the event.

Also that bit where you said "Not too much zombies so it doesnt get in the way of RP" is utter bullshit. Zombies will affect everyone.
Igor The Sloth
Igor The Sloth

Back to top Go down

Post by Memphis Raines Fri Aug 16, 2013 8:37 pm

We tried this. Didnt end out well.
Memphis Raines
Memphis Raines

Male Posts : 69

Back to top Go down

Post by Igor The Sloth Fri Aug 16, 2013 8:40 pm

Memphis Raines wrote:We tried this. Didnt end out well.
Listen to Bobby, he always tells you the right thing, guys.
Igor The Sloth
Igor The Sloth

Back to top Go down

Post by Pjosip Sat Aug 17, 2013 5:18 pm

That's why events last ebout 4 minutes, so people who enjoy killing blow off steam in the apocalypse, and those who want money try to capture the money bag and then you go back to RP.

And if you only have about 5 zombies on the surface, that isn't to big of a deal that can't be handeled by the CP ,and I don't think you got it that they don't respawn, but rather when they get killed, they are dead, period.

And I don't know what you did, but I bet the event was to large-scaled and brought the main focus from RP to zombie survival, what I suggest is on a mutch smaller scale.
Pjosip
Pjosip

Male Posts : 202

http://thedominionnetwork.ewwbly.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Igor The Sloth Sat Aug 17, 2013 8:27 pm

Pjosip wrote:That's why events last ebout 4 minutes, so people who enjoy killing blow off steam in the apocalypse, and those who want money try to capture the money bag and then you go back to RP.
^ that...

99% of players want $$. Thats 99% of players chasing cheap cash, while the other 1% have no one to RP with.

10/10.

Events forcefully either enforce a specific type of roleplay or prevent people from RPing.

EVEN IF I like events, lets imagine that I have a nice and fun RP scenario going, and I dont want it to stop just yet, then some big man admin announces a cool event and...Im torn between 2 things. Doesnt really matter what I choose, really, cause of what I said earlier. Either way I will end up doing the shitty event cause while it lasts its the only possible way of RPing.
Igor The Sloth
Igor The Sloth

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel Sat Aug 17, 2013 8:28 pm

Events aren't allowed on IGRP.
Ruins RP, kills out server.
Daniel
Daniel
Owner
Owner

Male Posts : 705