Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Visible Weaponry

5 posters

Go down

Good idea?

Visible Weaponry Vote_lcap58%Visible Weaponry Vote_rcap 58% 
[ 7 ]
Visible Weaponry Vote_lcap33%Visible Weaponry Vote_rcap 33% 
[ 4 ]
Visible Weaponry Vote_lcap8%Visible Weaponry Vote_rcap 8% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 12

Visible Weaponry Empty Visible Weaponry

Post by Teletric Tue Aug 20, 2013 1:42 pm

Basically makes your weapons show up ON your character when unequipped. So carrying around a rifle would make you gain suspicion from the cops, therefore making you take a stealthier approach.
The current system looks very unrealistic. It literally looks like a weapon just teleported out of nowhere into your hand.
This will also increase the risk of owning a powerful gun, and will make weapon-owners think smart before they walk out in public with a fancy AK-47 on their back. They can create a weapon stash for themselves, so they can pick out what weapon to use for their current situation, so they don't become Cop-magnets.
Thank you.
Teletric
Teletric

Male Posts : 70

Back to top Go down

Visible Weaponry Empty Re: Visible Weaponry

Post by Rendered-spectre Tue Aug 20, 2013 2:10 pm

Voted no, would cause meta breaking cops etc screaming "OMG DROP UR GUN" even if it's on your hip or back. Basically removes any element of stealth and concealment. I say this because stealth doesn't necessarily mean plastering your back to a wall and running in the shadows, but blending in and not causing suspicion.

Put it like this: As a hitman for example, you have a constant threat level. You start off low, but it gets higher as you put yourself in harm's way by following targets, approaching them and finally drawing your weapon.
It's already dangerous enough to draw a weapon in public let alone fire a shot, so having weapons already visible just makes things unfair as police will be on you as soon as you step outside.
Rendered-spectre
Rendered-spectre

Male Posts : 58

Back to top Go down

Post by Pjosip Tue Aug 20, 2013 4:03 pm

I vote yes, many mayors forbid heavy weapons, but you can oftenly get small arms with a licence.
As far as Hitman goes, this will make Hitman rethink his strategy, pethaps getting an elevated position or using the crowd for a Swift knife kill.
And you can also pocket the weapon,get to (for instance) a rooftop and than pocket it again while trying to fool the police by sa ing that the suspect ran away, OFC while searching you for weapons they won't find anything.

Last edited by Pjosip on Wed Aug 21, 2013 4:52 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Phone's autocorrect mistakenly changed some words to croatian.)
Pjosip
Pjosip

Male Posts : 202

http://thedominionnetwork.ewwbly.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Fulcrum Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:16 pm

voted yes.

I have actually been looking into this abit. Managed to get it if the person is restricted to just 1 primary weapon, like in "the stalker" gamemode. Ppl hate it because "cops will metagame" its not meta game tho. Its realistic. You would really struggle to hide a g3sg1 rifle down ur pants, especially if you then whip it out and shoot it with the sights fully adjusted etc.

Fulcrum

Male Posts : 384

Back to top Go down

Post by Igor The Sloth Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:52 pm

Fulcrum wrote:voted yes.

I have actually been looking into this abit. Managed to get it if the person is restricted to just 1 primary weapon, like in "the stalker" gamemode. Ppl hate it because "cops will metagame" its not meta game tho. Its realistic. You would really struggle to hide a g3sg1 rifle down ur pants, especially if you then whip it out and shoot it with the sights fully adjusted etc.
Niko Bellic manages to stuff RPG, assault rifles and shotguns down his pants, why cant we? Bro you think were worse than him?! EH?!
Igor The Sloth
Igor The Sloth

Back to top Go down

Post by Teletric Wed Aug 21, 2013 4:45 am

Rendered-spectre wrote:Voted no, would cause meta breaking cops etc screaming "OMG DROP UR GUN" even if it's on your hip or back. Basically removes any element of stealth and concealment. I say this because stealth doesn't necessarily mean plastering your back to a wall and running in the shadows, but blending in and not causing suspicion.

Put it like this: As a hitman for example, you have a constant threat level. You start off low, but it gets higher as you put yourself in harm's way by following targets, approaching them and finally drawing your weapon.
It's already dangerous enough to draw a weapon in public let alone fire a shot, so having weapons already visible just makes things unfair as police will be on you as soon as you step outside.
So you want to blend in? Get a police costume, get a gun, and walk around with the cops.

Igor The Sloth wrote:
Fulcrum wrote:voted yes.

Niko Bellic manages to stuff RPG, assault rifles and shotguns down his pants, why cant we? Bro you think were worse than him?! EH?!
Niko Bellic has nothing to do with this thread, m8.
Teletric
Teletric

Male Posts : 70

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down