Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

group suggestions

5 posters

Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

group suggestions Empty Re: group suggestions

Post by Daniel Sat Jul 13, 2013 9:20 pm

Hmm. Idk, It worked well at the start but eventually nobody used the jobs at all. It became pointless. I want to see others opinions on this if possible. Smile
Daniel
Daniel
Owner
Owner

Male Posts : 705

https://igrp.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodney Bryson Sat Jul 13, 2013 10:49 pm

If you are talking about the custom Groups that were added on hgrp, the reason why they didnt quite Work out was because they were basically just Citizen skins with different job names. Those jobs that worked out well like 501st. Had special skins and reason plus job whitelist I believe. I am not sure if the custom job thing will work out too well with serious rp, but if you want it to work well have custom skins for the jobs, maybe special starting weapons/gadgets depending on what type of job it is ofc.. I am the one who suggested it back in hgrp and I got the idea from another darkrp server I used to play on. On this server the job thing was really successful due to tidy forum section for the custom jobs, custom skin and mostly due to job whitelist. So if someone were accepted in a custom job by the group owner they could become the job in game. If you are going to add this custom job thing you should make sure to have the whitelist working first if you want it to be popular/successful.

I will be back in like 3-4 days on the server and more active on the forums there, as I am still Italy. I probably wont check the forums before I get home as I just found some spare time to browse the forums on my fathers tablet..
Rodney Bryson
Rodney Bryson
Co-Owner
Co-Owner

Male Posts : 221

Back to top Go down

Post by Fulcrum Sat Jul 13, 2013 11:08 pm

If it is a very exclusive group with few members 1-6 it would be easy too limit a group to those members. I can show daniel how to do this so he can explore and set up his own. You could alos do it so when a player in a group joins mobsters they get a custom skin.

Imo best thing ot do would be to have a small number of groups, something legendary. Like the 501 were on csrp, started with 1 guy informally introducing ppl and the ppl in the group carrying on the tradition themselves. That was more popular than any of the other gorups because it had roots. Try to find situations where somebody roleplays having a group then identify the group, tlak with the founder and ask if he wants it to be built into the code.

Fulcrum

Male Posts : 384

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodney Bryson Sat Jul 13, 2013 11:27 pm

Fulcrum wrote:
Imo best thing ot do would be to have a small number of groups, something legendary. Like the 501 were on csrp, started with 1 guy informally introducing ppl and the ppl in the group carrying on the tradition themselves. That was more popular than any of the other gorups because it had roots. Try to find situations where somebody roleplays having a group then identify the group, tlak with the founder and ask if he wants it to be built into the code.
Exactly. I forgot to mention it in my post, but hgrp did something wrong. Too many groups were accepted and the idea died out. Have few groups and only accept excellent group ideas. On the server where I got the idea from, setting up a new group was difficult and admins could post +1 or -1 support on the new group applications. The admins voting were very skeptical and only the best group ideas were accepted. So keep it small and awesome. Maybe make groups member or donation + too, limit it somehow. This would also give more benefits of being active on the server/forums. I remember joining their forum almost specifically to get into a group. New players seeing a custom group will be like "oh cool how do I become that job?" and people will tell them you had to apply on the forums. If the group idea is successful, it will no doubt give us more people signing up on our forums.
Rodney Bryson
Rodney Bryson
Co-Owner
Co-Owner

Male Posts : 221

Back to top Go down

Post by Jacky Blackheart Sun Jul 14, 2013 9:34 pm

well..i didnt use blackdagger group becuse it took 2-3 month to get it complete after accepted

the members left and joined other groups after 1-2 month

and the models was citizen.. and i didnt want trouble doing the job blackdagger was made for..
Jacky Blackheart
Jacky Blackheart

Male Posts : 167

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel Mon Jul 15, 2013 8:09 pm

I like the ideas. But I believe people would not want to download the models for a job they cannot use.
Daniel
Daniel
Owner
Owner

Male Posts : 705

https://igrp.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down