Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My Moderator application - Success Kid

+4
dxmarc
Nick Johnson
Fulcrum
Elmar Johnson
8 posters

Go down

My Moderator application - Success Kid Empty My Moderator application - Success Kid

Post by Elmar Johnson Sun Jul 14, 2013 5:37 am

Steam Name: Success Kid

Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:37843346

In-game name(s): Elmar J Fap, Elmar, Elmar F

How long have you been playing on Illusion Gaming RP?: I've played a few times in the past 2 weeks. Now i have more free time so i play more.

Total Time Spent on Garry's Mod: 3166hrs

Roughly how long a day can you spend on the server?: Non school days: roughly 8hrs

Why do you want to be a moderator for our server?: This is one of the best servers i've played on and i feel the need to help the server, helping others and stopping rule-breakers from ruining other peoples experiences, i have suffered from rule-breakers and sometimes it doesnt get dealt with because admins are busy or there's no admins at all.

Give us an example of how you would deal with a rule-breaker:

If a person was propblocking, i would tell him it is propblock and explain how to make fadeing doors etc. If he doesnt keypad it or makes a fake keypad, i would ask him one more time to fix it or it would be a kick.

If a guy was racist/sexist/ offending others i would ask him to stop, if he ignores me and carrys on i would mute him (if i could) and ask him again i would get his attention, if failing to stop would lead to a freeze and slay or jail for 1 minute and kick if he continues.
Elmar Johnson
Elmar Johnson

Male Posts : 176

http://steamcommunity.com/id/ElmarCookie

Back to top Go down

My Moderator application - Success Kid Empty Re: My Moderator application - Success Kid

Post by Fulcrum Sun Jul 14, 2013 5:42 am

What would you do to people running round town with knives smashing windows and spamming on the microphone-generally not rping.

Dan made a post recently that moderators need to encourage roleplay; would you do this?

Fulcrum

Male Posts : 384

Back to top Go down

My Moderator application - Success Kid Empty Re: My Moderator application - Success Kid

Post by Nick Johnson Sun Jul 14, 2013 5:50 am

Fulcrum wrote:What would you do to people running round town with knives smashing windows and spamming on the microphone-generally not rping.

Dan made a post recently that moderators need to encourage roleplay; would you do this?

i agree with him
Nick Johnson
Nick Johnson

Male Posts : 143

Back to top Go down

Post by dxmarc Sun Jul 14, 2013 6:46 am

Nick Johnson wrote:
Fulcrum wrote:What would you do to people running round town with knives smashing windows and spamming on the microphone-generally not rping.

i agree with him

There is no need for these bullshit, useless posts on applications. Please stop posting things like this. -1 as well. Have never seen you at all and I would like to hear what you would do to someone that is generally not RPing (kniving windows, doors, props, people; mic spamming etc). Once you've explained that and if it's right, good, I'll go neutral; if not I'll have to keep it as -1 and just EXPLAIN to you what you should actually do.

dxmarc

Back to top Go down

Post by Elmar Johnson Sun Jul 14, 2013 6:48 am

I don't do nothing but stab windows and stuff, i stopped that because a admin asked me to stop. I was selling guns earlier and mugging people with Jack Blackheart, so i do rp.
Elmar Johnson
Elmar Johnson

Back to top Go down

Post by dxmarc Sun Jul 14, 2013 6:50 am

Success Kid wrote:I don't do nothing but stab windows and stuff, i stopped that because a admin asked me to stop. I was selling guns earlier and mugging people with Jack Blackheart, so i do rp.
Yes... I want you to explain to me what you would do if you saw a player generally not RPing. Also, were you mugging people as a gun dealer?

dxmarc

Back to top Go down

Post by Elmar Johnson Sun Jul 14, 2013 6:58 am

No, i mugged as a Mobster. Also if i saw someone not rping i would ask them to pick a job and perform it.
Elmar Johnson
Elmar Johnson

Back to top Go down

Post by Nick Johnson Sun Jul 14, 2013 7:41 am

dxmarc wrote:
There is no need for these bullshit, useless posts on applications. Please stop posting things like this. -1 as well. Have never seen you at all and I would like to hear what you would do to someone that is generally not RPing (kniving windows, doors, props, people; mic spamming etc). Once you've explained that and if it's right, good, I'll go neutral; if not I'll have to keep it as -1 and just EXPLAIN to you what you should actually do.

Fine keep -1 on me go ahead u know im on phone
Nick Johnson
Nick Johnson

Back to top Go down

Post by jay smalley Sun Jul 14, 2013 8:08 am

-1 Dont really know get people to know u and then i would give u a +1 but its -1 for now sorry
jay smalley
jay smalley

Male Posts : 127

http://www.igrp.forumotion

Back to top Go down

Post by Fulcrum Sun Jul 14, 2013 9:12 am

dont think of roleplay as "doing ur job"
think of it as embellishing. Like you can mug someone, take them to a street and ask them for money.

You can also approach a gundealer, start talking to him about a made up robbery where the store owner was horribly maimed by unknown attackers. Then tell him it can be a dangerous place and tell him he could get urt. Then demand proteciton money from him.

Or mark an area as ur gangs start to intimidate and insult rival gangs in ur territory. Slowly build the gang war in magnitude. Stab a guy (not kill), start to scare ppl in their territory. Then and only then start getting into actual violence. Smash windows, damage props, rob. If you know they cant hurt you or wont hurt you, try shoot to miss. Fire shots over their heads.

Think about the fight from anchor man. A guy gets stabbed with a trident. ITs kind of a rare that some1 dies.

Also go round and manually recruit people. "hey man you new to town?" etc

Sorry for putting this miniguide on the admin app its just people seem tot hink roleplay is doing what a job tells them to with no creativity or narrative. For good roleplay examples ask ron about the slitter or join tylers clinic.

EDIT: as for the app, i have nothing to say now but i will keep an eye out for you when i am on to get a better opionion. <- lol spelling.

Fulcrum

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Elmar Johnson Sun Jul 14, 2013 10:52 am

jay smalley wrote:-1 Dont really know get people to know u and then i would give u a +1 but its -1 for now sorry

That doesn't make any sense :/
Elmar Johnson
Elmar Johnson

Back to top Go down

Post by Fulcrum Sun Jul 14, 2013 11:36 am

Havana Dog wrote:fucking dick daniel is obv 50% homo 50% pedo

Ted has been drinking whiskey.

Fulcrum

Back to top Go down

Post by Jacky Blackheart Sun Jul 14, 2013 8:50 pm

ted had his milk today.. and found candy in the white van

back to topic -  you dont need to be extreme roleplayer to be a mod and protect server with its server rules

so long you know whats right and wrong

still.. you need a bit rp skills :3
Jacky Blackheart
Jacky Blackheart

Male Posts : 167

Back to top Go down

Post by Nick Johnson Sun Jul 14, 2013 9:48 pm

Jacky Blackheart wrote:ted had his milk today.. and found candy in the white van

back to topic -  you dont need to be extreme roleplayer to be a mod and protect server with its server rules

LAWL  xD Razz
Nick Johnson
Nick Johnson

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel Sun Jul 14, 2013 9:58 pm

Nick Johnson wrote:
Jacky Blackheart wrote:ted had his milk today.. and found candy in the white van

LAWL  xD Razz

If you make one more useless post like this, you're getting banned from the forum.
Daniel
Daniel
Owner
Owner

Male Posts : 705

https://igrp.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel Tue Jul 16, 2013 4:06 am

Accepted.
Daniel
Daniel
Owner
Owner

Male Posts : 705

https://igrp.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down