Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My Moderator application - Success Kid - #3

+14
Aztec2Four
Igor The Sloth
Slut da Wiztard
Memphis Raines
Brick Tamland
Bassman274
ThatRandomGuy
JohnRyan
CooperA
loganscales
Zeroi9
Fulcrum
jay smalley
Elmar Johnson
18 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

My Moderator application - Success Kid - #3 Empty My Moderator application - Success Kid - #3

Post by Elmar Johnson Wed Aug 14, 2013 1:06 am

Steam Name: Elmar Johnson ♥

Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:37843346

In-game name(s): Elmar Johnson

How long have you been playing on Illusion Gaming RP?: About 6 weeks
Total Time Spent on Garry's Mod: 3377hrs (Yes, i have no life outside my room)
Roughly how long a day can you spend on the server?: Nonschooldays: about 7hrs Schooldays: 1-4hrs if im not busy.
Why do you want to be a moderator for our server?: I made a mistake last time i was Moderator, and from my demotion i have learned my lesson, i'm sure i have gained trust in several people, i don't remember the last time i broke a rule (apart from the failrp sitting that i got demoted for) I am on the server at midnight most non-school days, so if anyone in a different time-zone decides to minge, they wont be for long when im on there, I have also gained enough trust to be a Premium member, this shows i can be trusted.

Give us an example of how you would deal with a rule-breaker:

Propkiller: Give him one chance to stop, then jail him and freeze him and wait for a admin to come. If he leaves il find and give SteamID to the admin. (i'm giving them one chance because propkilling cant be a accidental thing in most cases)

Propblock:
I'll explain to them what propblock is, tell them how to fix it, give them 5 minutes to fix it, if they haven't i'll ask them/a admin to remove or kick them.

RDMer:
Explain what RDM is, if they kill or try to kill someone for no reason again, il jail and freeze them, get a admin to ban them.

NLRer:
I'll explain what NLR is and say if they break NLR rule again, i will kick them, and notify the admins that if he joins back, he has been warned twice for NLR.
Elmar Johnson
Elmar Johnson

Male Posts : 176

http://steamcommunity.com/id/ElmarCookie

Back to top Go down

My Moderator application - Success Kid - #3 Empty Re: My Moderator application - Success Kid - #3

Post by jay smalley Wed Aug 14, 2013 1:08 am

+1 good rp'er hasnt broke rules always asked an admin to come if he needed help and he always tells the truth and tell s people who is breaking rules he deserves it good luck elmar Very Happy
jay smalley
jay smalley

Male Posts : 127

http://www.igrp.forumotion

Back to top Go down

My Moderator application - Success Kid - #3 Empty Re: My Moderator application - Success Kid - #3

Post by Fulcrum Wed Aug 14, 2013 1:13 am

-1 is mod on a different server, this could arise a conflict of interest.

Fulcrum

Male Posts : 384

Back to top Go down

Post by Elmar Johnson Wed Aug 14, 2013 1:15 am

Fulcrum wrote:-1 is mod on a different server, this could arise a conflict of interest.

To tell the truth, i'm admin on there and probably will spend more time on here.

Might even resign because I'm having more fun here.

Last edited by Elmar Johnson on Wed Aug 14, 2013 1:17 am; edited 1 time in total
Elmar Johnson
Elmar Johnson

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeroi9 Wed Aug 14, 2013 1:16 am

I sometimes see you being rude and not showing maturity, which I don't think that new players appreciate.
Today you wrote "f-f-f-f-faggot", which isn't an acceptable behaviour from a moderator(or anyone, really)

Zeroi9
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 68

Back to top Go down

Post by Fulcrum Wed Aug 14, 2013 1:18 am

Zeroi9 wrote:-1
I sometimes see you being rude and not showing maturity, which I don't think that new players appreciate.
Today you wrote "f-f-f-f-faggot", which isn't an acceptable behaviour from a moderator(or anyone, really)
Well hes allowed to have fun, as long as it doesn't offend people. He does need to look into roleplay a little more but I can't speak much.

Fulcrum

Back to top Go down

Post by Elmar Johnson Wed Aug 14, 2013 1:18 am

Zeroi9 wrote:-1
People were saying things like "M-m-m-monster kill" so i said that, i wasnt calling anyone that if that's what your saying, but anyway it was a joke. I am mature i just mess around sometimes that's it :3
Elmar Johnson
Elmar Johnson

Back to top Go down

Post by loganscales Wed Aug 14, 2013 1:29 am

+1 Elmar, is a great guy. He RPs well and minus the odd hiccup, would make a good moderator.

If he is already an admin, it seems pretty risky, but then again, the ULX knowledge is a bonus.

Best of luck.

loganscales
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by CooperA Wed Aug 14, 2013 1:41 am

People were saying things like "M-m-m-monster kill" so i said that, i wasnt calling anyone that if that's what your saying, but anyway it was a joke. I am mature i just mess around sometimes that's it :3
I said the "c-c-c-c-combo breaker" thingy and he replied with that as a joke, but it didn't offended me.
+1 he is a good RP'er and a good mod.
CooperA
CooperA

Male Posts : 8

Back to top Go down

Post by JohnRyan Wed Aug 14, 2013 1:57 am

-1 not mature enough
JohnRyan
JohnRyan
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by ThatRandomGuy Wed Aug 14, 2013 2:18 am

Elmar Johnson wrote:
Fulcrum wrote:-1 is mod on a different server, this could arise a conflict of interest.

To tell the truth, i'm admin on there and probably will spend more time on here.

Might even resign because I'm having more fun here.
Neutral for this

ThatRandomGuy

Back to top Go down

Post by Bassman274 Wed Aug 14, 2013 2:49 am

-1 Not mature enough imo and I saw him pointing an ak47 at a cops face and saying "Hey cop theres no laws against this!!!!" Which is FailRP from what I see because if you aim a gun at a cops face irl then your going to get killed.
Bassman274
Bassman274
Head-Admin
Head-Admin

Male Posts : 293

Back to top Go down

Post by Elmar Johnson Wed Aug 14, 2013 3:06 am

Bassman274 wrote:-1 Not mature enough imo and I saw him pointing an ak47 at a cops face and saying "Hey cop theres no laws against this!!!!" Which is FailRP from what I see because if you aim a gun at a cops face irl then your going to get killed.
At no point did i say "There's no law against aiming at cops" You don't even know what law i was talking about, also, i wasn't aiming at cop i had it holstered aiming down, i was talking about there being no law about guns in public.
Elmar Johnson
Elmar Johnson

Back to top Go down

Post by Bassman274 Wed Aug 14, 2013 3:13 am

Elmar Johnson wrote:
Bassman274 wrote:-1 Not mature enough imo and I saw him pointing an ak47 at a cops face and saying "Hey cop theres no laws against this!!!!" Which is FailRP from what I see because if you aim a gun at a cops face irl then your going to get killed.
At no point did i say "There's no law against aiming at cops" You don't even know what law i was talking about, also, i wasn't aiming at cop i had it holstered aiming down, i was talking about there being no law about guns in public.
I saw it, you never had it holstered down it was right at his face.
Bassman274
Bassman274
Head-Admin
Head-Admin

Male Posts : 293

Back to top Go down

Post by Elmar Johnson Wed Aug 14, 2013 3:32 am

Bassman274 wrote:
Elmar Johnson wrote:
I saw it, you never had it holstered down it was right at his face.
You have a bug then, it was holstered on my screen. Or holstering just doesn't work.
Elmar Johnson
Elmar Johnson

Back to top Go down

Post by Brick Tamland Wed Aug 14, 2013 5:42 am

jay smalley wrote:+1 good rp'er hasnt broke rules always asked an admin to come if he needed help and he always tells the truth and tell s people who is breaking rules he deserves it good luck elmar Very Happy
Brick Tamland
Brick Tamland
Head-Admin
Head-Admin

Male Posts : 54

Back to top Go down

Post by Memphis Raines Wed Aug 14, 2013 6:39 am

This^

Very immature too, Havent seen you on lately.
Memphis Raines
Memphis Raines

Male Posts : 69

Back to top Go down

Post by Elmar Johnson Wed Aug 14, 2013 7:09 am

Memphis Raines wrote:

This^

Very immature too, Havent seen you on lately.
I was on today and yesturday, but i was on holiday for 2 weeks before that.
Elmar Johnson
Elmar Johnson

Back to top Go down

Post by Slut da Wiztard Wed Aug 14, 2013 7:55 am

-1 You're the one arguing with someone about that Johnson family? Sounds very Immature.
and this > "-1 is mod on a different server, this could arise a conflict of interest."
Slut da Wiztard
Slut da Wiztard

Male Posts : 26

Back to top Go down

Post by Igor The Sloth Wed Aug 14, 2013 9:27 am

-1 cause everyone seems to think hes bad Very Happy

Just deny him and give me owner? Great plan init m8.
Igor The Sloth
Igor The Sloth

Back to top Go down

Post by Elmar Johnson Wed Aug 14, 2013 9:31 am

Slut da Wiztard wrote:-1 You're the one arguing with someone about that Johnson family? Sounds very Immature.
and this > "-1 is mod on a different server, this could arise a conflict of interest."
At what point did i argue about a family? Tell me.
Elmar Johnson
Elmar Johnson

Back to top Go down

Post by Aztec2Four Wed Aug 14, 2013 3:41 pm

-1 Too immature. Is also quick to take offence and retaliate against you for it. For example when Daniel said he was going, and I joked and said give me a +1 on the way out on my mod app, he immediately said afterwards that he was going to give me a -1 for asking for people for a +1.

He also doesn't want to listen to your opinion or explain his argument. For example, the situation where Liam, Michael and I were gunned down on sight and weren't even told to drop our weapons or face the wall or anything. Then he doesn't listen to us and proclaims witnesses must be slaughtered. Terrible role-playing. He'll probably give me a -1 on my mod app because of this but I don't care.
Aztec2Four
Aztec2Four

Male Posts : 24

Back to top Go down

Post by Pjosip Wed Aug 14, 2013 6:10 pm

Elmar Johnson wrote:You have a bug then, it was holstered on my screen. Or holstering just doesn't work.
Neutral

For somebody who's been here for 6 weeks I'd expect to know that hostlering (ctrl + lmb) is broken, especially if applying for mod.
For me, knowing the rules, code of conduct and server side bugs/glitches is a quallity I expect from server staff, knowing how to deal with client side issues (missing textures, errors) is complimentary but not nesssary.
But if as a mod you are not experienced with bugs or glitches players might be facing with, i am not sure how can you apropriately moderate in the given situation
(eg. you see a cop randomly running around with a gun witch is against rule 54, he says "it is hostlered", if you don't know it is a common glitch you'd assume he is lying to your face to avoid punishment).

RPwise.
In my opinion you seem to "bend" the RP to be more suitable for your needs rather than letting it flow naturally and give others an equal chance (aka SeriousRP).
Maturity I wouldn't discuss, I had my share of disagreements with you among with fun roleplaying times.

Last edited by Pjosip on Wed Aug 14, 2013 6:12 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Spell check and fixing errors.)
Pjosip
Pjosip

Male Posts : 202

http://thedominionnetwork.ewwbly.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Fulcrum Wed Aug 14, 2013 7:14 pm

ah forgot the other reaosn for my -1

framing me for raiding while building. He was out and about with guns. No1 at his base, running round with guns. As mobboss so I guess with printers but I can't confirm that.

He and his mates come back. My group raided (after being shot at by him first) I assume we commited the heinous crime of being on the same block as him. Most of the people are killed. Survivors from my team run away since I was dead, me being only 1 with lockpick.

He then adds a "building" sign after the raid and calls the admins reporting it as raid while building.

Fulcrum

Back to top Go down

Post by Igor The Sloth Wed Aug 14, 2013 7:30 pm

Fulcrum wrote:ah forgot the other reaosn for my -1

framing me for raiding while building. He was out and about with guns. No1 at his base, running round with guns. As mobboss so I guess with printers but I can't confirm that.

He and his mates come back. My group raided (after being shot at by him first) I assume we commited the heinous crime of being on the same block as him. Most of the people are killed. Survivors from my team run away since I was dead, me being only 1 with lockpick.

He then adds a "building" sign after the raid and calls the admins reporting it as raid while building.
Gonna -1 everything this guy posts cause of that. Thanks for the heads up Fulc, gotta know the twats and cunts on the server, right?
Igor The Sloth
Igor The Sloth

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next