Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Making realistic meth

+2
dxmarc
ThatRandomGuy
6 posters

Go down

Making realistic meth Empty Making realistic meth

Post by ThatRandomGuy Thu Jul 18, 2013 1:25 am

I'll say this up front: this would probably be a bit difficult to code, so this suggestion really should be in the back of the suggestion checklist.

So, besides making weed, drug dealers really don have that much to do on the server at this point. Even when a drug npc is coded in, there's still not much he can contribute. I hope to change that.

What I suggest is allowing the drug dealer to create realistic meth, a process that would require multiple ingredients and be semi-time consuming. The dealer could then sell this cooked meth for a considerable profit.

Here's a very simplified version(could be improved):
The dealer goes to a Shop Owner and buys a number if different ingredients that by themselves are useless (I.e. ingredients of creating meth)
The dealer would then have to combine these ingredients and cook them, maybe using a prop stove bought by a shop owner as well
After this, he would have to wait. While it "cooks", perhaps steam could be emitting from it to alert nearby people there's something cooking, or maybe institute a ventilation system that cops could be alert for. Of course, the dealer would need to hire protection, maybe from a local gang, to protect his product.
Once the meth is finished, the dealer (or maybe a courier, get as many ppl possible involved) would deliver the drug to an npc to get a profit. IF there was any reason for this to be sold to players, it should have a high addiction rate when taken(IMO).

And that abou does it, a dealer could then rinse and repeat if he thinks he can manage it.

Pros:
Hopefully, this will get ppl on he server more involved in he RP. A dealer NEEDS a shop owner for supplies, and is highly recommended to get himself protection to protect him while he's cooking, and once its finished, is recommended to ge a courier to deliver to avoid police suspicion. Cops find out, and they can bash down your door and destroy all your hard work.
Creates a more realistic drug system
Gives more o a purpose to drug dealer

Cons:
A dealer could just attempt to sit by himself in his house cooking over and over by himself without the use of anyone but who he has too. Hopefully these kind of people get raided by rival dealers, gangs, or cops and lose their hard work

Note that this is open to improvements and suggestions, which I will add here I I spot particularly good ones.

ThatRandomGuy

Back to top Go down

Making realistic meth Empty Re: Making realistic meth

Post by dxmarc Thu Jul 18, 2013 1:27 am

Great idea. Would improve RP massively.

dxmarc

Back to top Go down

Post by Fulcrum Thu Jul 18, 2013 2:23 am

The coke in csrp was like this. IT was huge. When simon totally nerfed printers nobody even noticed because coke dealing was so big. People did used to lock themsevles away "cooking" but generally it was in groups. Mobboss for the refiner, drug dealer for the ingredients and gangsters for defence and hauling.

I kinda hope the weed plant will do it, if we make it profitable enough to have this kind of thing again. The coke was good tho because it made people work together.

Would people prefer coke from unrefined coke or meth from pain killers?

The system you suggest is really quite easy.

Fulcrum

Male Posts : 384

Back to top Go down

Post by Hart Silver Thu Jul 18, 2013 2:30 am

Sounds good. But there is one problem. In my opinion, drugs need to be more beneficial to the player. Last time I checked, weed only gave 5 extra health. Maybe if the meth gave around 10 to 15 extra health and other perks people might actually buy it.
Hart Silver
Hart Silver
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 134

Back to top Go down

Post by Fulcrum Thu Jul 18, 2013 3:10 am

cant people use weed to boost their hp well over max?

Fulcrum

Back to top Go down

Post by ThatRandomGuy Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:58 am

I dont think drugs should be beneficial to the player at all. If anything, maybe small bonuses that are temporary. Repeated use would lead to addiction, where the player must get more or seek a doctors help. If the person dies while addicted, then maybe they could be demoted, to provide a higher stake to addiction.

ThatRandomGuy

Back to top Go down

Post by Hart Silver Thu Jul 18, 2013 5:19 am

ThatRandomGuy wrote:I dont think drugs should be beneficial to the player at all. If anything, maybe small bonuses that are temporary. Repeated use would lead to addiction, where the player must get more or seek a doctors help. If the person dies while addicted, then maybe they could be demoted, to provide a higher stake to addiction.
Why would anyone buy drugs if they don't benifit them? You talk about addiction, but who's going to get addicted to something that is useless? The main problem with drugs in some servers is that they serve no purpose. Also, to stop drugs being too OP, a health limit could be set to 150 - 200 health.

Last edited by Hart Silver on Thu Jul 18, 2013 5:22 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Errors)
Hart Silver
Hart Silver
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by ThatRandomGuy Thu Jul 18, 2013 6:44 am

Hart Silver wrote:
ThatRandomGuy wrote:I dont think drugs should be beneficial to the player at all. If anything, maybe small bonuses that are temporary. Repeated use would lead to addiction, where the player must get more or seek a doctors help. If the person dies while addicted, then maybe they could be demoted, to provide a higher stake to addiction.
Why would anyone buy drugs if they don't benifit them? You talk about addiction, but who's going to get addicted to something that is useless? The main problem with drugs in some servers is that they serve no purpose. Also, to stop drugs being too OP, a health limit could be set to 150 - 200 health.

Exactly. Drugs shouldn't be useful and be sold to he player in all honesty IMO. IRL there is only a feeling of being high, which is something that just doesn't translate into a video game(unless you count those stupid visual changes you can find when taking drugs). Drugs are much better being made and then sold to an npc for money, its much more realistic and has a better monetary gain.

ThatRandomGuy

Back to top Go down

Post by Hart Silver Thu Jul 18, 2013 8:09 am

ThatRandomGuy wrote:
Hart Silver wrote:

Exactly. Drugs shouldn't be useful and be sold to he player in all honesty IMO. IRL there is only a feeling of being high, which is something that just doesn't translate into a video game(unless you count those stupid visual changes you can find when taking drugs). Drugs are much better being made and then sold to an npc for money, its much more realistic and has a better monetary gain.
Now that you bring it up, I'm not in favour of adding an NPC that you can sell drugs to. Adding this NPC will stop most (if not all) drug dealers from RPing. As soon as that NPC is added, people won't buy drugs anymore, there will only be drug dealers sitting in the sewers making drugs and selling them to this NPC. It will be used by people to farm money and not actually make any effort to RP. You won't see any drug dealers at all because they'll be sitting in their drug lab waiting for their drugs to be ready to be sold. I find it hard to believe you think that this addition would make RP more realistic. This is why it would be better if drugs were beneficial to players because people would buy the drugs therefore interacting and RPing with the drug dealers instead of having them sell to an NPC.

Last edited by Hart Silver on Thu Jul 18, 2013 9:36 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Errors)
Hart Silver
Hart Silver
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel Thu Jul 18, 2013 8:19 pm

Sorry, but I disagree completely Hart.
The idea of the Drug Dealer NPC is so that people actually use the Drug Dealer job. It is very very rare to see anyone as the drug-dealer job as it is, and if someone is it tends to be a kid giving away free weed bunny hopping down the streets screaming about how high they are.
Through my time of CSRP/HGRP the only time I've ever seen anyone RP the drug dealer, was me, and it was awful as nobody purchased the drugs. On CSRP drug dealers were used a ton more as of the Drug Dealer NPC, this also encouraged mobs/gangs to buy drugs.

Daniel
Daniel
Owner
Owner

Male Posts : 705

https://igrp.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Hart Silver Thu Jul 18, 2013 8:32 pm

Daniel wrote:Sorry, but I disagree completely Hart.
The idea of the Drug Dealer NPC is so that people actually use the Drug Dealer job. It is very very rare to see anyone as the drug-dealer job as it is, and if someone is it tends to be a kid giving away free weed bunny hopping down the streets screaming about how high they are.
Through my time of CSRP/HGRP the only time I've ever seen anyone RP the drug dealer, was me, and it was awful as nobody purchased the drugs. On CSRP drug dealers were used a ton more as of the Drug Dealer NPC, this also encouraged mobs/gangs to buy drugs.

No need to be sorry for disagreeing Smile. I see where you're coming from, but I simply don't share that opinion. I've seen the Drug Dealer NPC on a different server a while ago and I made good money using it, but I just felt that drug dealers became seperate from proper RP. Anyway, maybe I'll change my mind when I see it in action again.
Hart Silver
Hart Silver
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Fulcrum Thu Jul 18, 2013 9:00 pm

I spose you are right that it doesn't encourage rp. But it does encourage people playing together and doing stuff. It encourages people to use a wider range of jobs and work together. Currently printers are just

fortify room
buy printer
buy guns
defend printer

Drug lab would be
fortify factory
buy lab
buy guns
get drugs to dealer - leaving their fortification behind. They can either be violent in their thing in which case theyll attract attention or they can be stealthy

Fulcrum

Back to top Go down

Post by Rendered-spectre Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:20 pm

Some of my most intense rp experiences from CSRP were as a dealer (because we had an NPC). To get a good harvest from it, you'd need the cooperation of other people. However, having a high rate of activity at one complex attracts attention from the authorities and other gangs, and the chance of betrayal is a factor to consider. On the flip side, it's a smoother system, and your product is better protected.

Playing as indie dealers was more dangerous, because gangs were constantly threatening to steal our product for not merging with them, so in the end we paid them off. It also encourages cops to patrol the sewers. To avoid meta, it would be the logic that intel suggests high rates of deals going on in the subway. Cops can't just camp on the NPC, as it's 1.) meta and 2.) time wasting. If a dealer uses the logic of getting as close to the NPC  as possible for fast deals, it puts him at higher risk of being busted as his hideout will be under surveillance from constant cop patrols. I don't feel that having an NPC would break the cycle of roleplay. If you play a dealer cleverly, it's way more intense and fun, and you get prolonged profit. So really, there's little incentive to stay underground all the time. Personally I'm in favour of meth being the drug that gets high profit, as it means dealers have to go out and buy the product they need, exposing themselves in public.
Rendered-spectre
Rendered-spectre

Male Posts : 58

Back to top Go down

Post by Fulcrum Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:41 pm

And idea i kicked around towards the end of csrp was to have it so you have to "harvest" something from the sewers for a drug ingredient.

So 1 would be to grow weed,

2 buy and refine drug a

3 harvest and refine drug b

Fulcrum

Back to top Go down

Post by ThatRandomGuy Sat Jul 20, 2013 1:16 am

I want to reinforce the fact that meth making ( or other drug refining) should be a time consuming process. Should just be phys gun drugs together and then wai 30 secs while it refines on top of a stove. It should sit there for a while, min 5 mins so that there is danger of being raided by cops or other dealers

ThatRandomGuy

Back to top Go down

Post by Fulcrum Sat Jul 20, 2013 2:05 am

ThatRandomGuy wrote:I want to reinforce the fact that meth making ( or other drug refining) should be a time consuming process. Should just be phys gun drugs together and then wai 30 secs while it refines on top of a stove. It should sit there for a while, min 5 mins so that there is danger of being raided by cops or other dealers

Issues with that:

1. no one likes waiting. ITs a game. IF they wanted to spend years doing something meaningless they'de play a grind mmo

2. long wait in the same place => fortiify and turtle. Concrete barriers and guns. If some1 kills kill them and kill and kill and kill!! KOS IF YOU WALK ON THE STREET NEXT TO THE STREET OUR BUILDING IS ON! HEADSHOT ON SIGHT! OMG !!! ADMIN #NLR HE BREAK NLRS!!!S!

3. long wait doing very little. in that time people will play with guns and shoot at stuff. Possibly build but likely hood is they already have a base. They won't get involved into any kind of rp coz they know in a few mins they'll have to break off to check drugs and have risk of person following them.

IMO people should have to work with others. Short wait time at base but long time out of base. eg selling drugs on old 1 was 1 drug every 45 seconds. The example above where you hunt for the supplies.

Go round in sewers collecting fungus or something. Then go back to base and refine it, then go to dealer to sell it. The refining stage is quick meaning minimum time camping their base with snipe rifle and OMG KOS ZONE HEADSHOT ON SIGHT! IM 12 AND HAVE NO IDEA HOW TO RP NLR! NLR NLR!

+ hunting round sewers for supplies would create compition between gangs while keeping them off the streets. Youd have secret conflicts (not wars coz thats against the rules :3) and the gangsters wouldn't need to kill the cops anymore.

Fulcrum

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down