Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Good RP vs Bad RP

+2
Fulcrum
Pjosip
6 posters

Go down

Good RP vs Bad RP Empty Good RP vs Bad RP

Post by Pjosip Thu Jul 18, 2013 12:27 pm

So while playing on the server I have noticed that there are various types of people.
Some people (like myself) like to RP and can take it pretty serious, while others like to be more causal, and certain people are simply new and unfamiliar with RP-ing and rules (we all were at one point).
So in that matter some of the tools/ranks may be abused or missused, for instance in suggestions Daniel put that cops could set the jail time, but people might not use it or set it to always be maximum (let's say 5 minutes).
So what i'm suggesting is to have 3 "civil" (aka free) ranks [New] [Standard] [Trusted] where the default is "standard".
Now what you can do with that is give the [Standard] the usual set of tools we have now, give more advance (abusable) stuff to [Trusted] and if somebody is new, you can (if you wish) revoke some tools or ranks (for instance PD/Mayor) for [New] people that don't know how to use them properly.
Pjosip
Pjosip

Male Posts : 202

http://thedominionnetwork.ewwbly.com

Back to top Go down

Good RP vs Bad RP Empty Re: Good RP vs Bad RP

Post by Fulcrum Thu Jul 18, 2013 7:44 pm

I like trusted. IT a good way of allowing useful rp stuff (like rope) without having it fall into the wrong hands.

There is 1 caveat here though. Not all minges are new. Some have played all day. Some for several days. Some have been staff. They might be bored, pissed off or have mixed loyalties.

1 guy recently had been on for a few days in a row. He kept having hits put on him by the same person, the perosn and the hitman were friends. We're talking about 1 kill every 1 or 2 minutes against him. He jsut cracked eventually and started prop killing them. He had been a good player but pushed beyond his limits.

I've even done it years back when I was a mingebag. I'd play for a while, maybe even a few days. I would abuse wire secretly while still putting on a show of good roleplay. Randomly turning people invisible then investigating the "invisible man"
Setting people on fire and investigating a serial arsonist.
Using forcers to lag the server and push people and props around. Investigating a psychic.

Not all minge bags are new. Not all good roleplayers aren't minges Razz

Fulcrum

Male Posts : 384

Back to top Go down

Post by Pjosip Thu Jul 18, 2013 11:44 pm

Well, not everything is black and white, of course there are and always will be gray zones no matter what you do, or how hard you try.
But you always have the option do promote/demote players based on their quallities, it's just a matter of typing in a command.
Pjosip
Pjosip

Male Posts : 202

http://thedominionnetwork.ewwbly.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Fulcrum Fri Jul 19, 2013 12:07 am

I spose but some of the more insidious minges cover their tracks well. Like prop killing with someone elses prop or prop killing and making the console show world spawn.

Fulcrum

Male Posts : 384

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel Fri Jul 19, 2013 12:07 am

I'm going to be messing around with the ranking system within the next few days.
Daniel
Daniel
Owner
Owner

Male Posts : 705

https://igrp.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Mohigh39 Fri Jul 19, 2013 1:44 am

Oh snap messing around with rank? Oh dear

Mohigh39

Back to top Go down