Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Some Ideas - Sounds good in my head

+3
Fulcrum
Hart Silver
Daniel
7 posters

Go down

Some Ideas - Sounds good in my head Empty Some Ideas - Sounds good in my head

Post by Daniel Thu Jul 18, 2013 3:38 am

Thought of a Random Idea whilst playing cop today, where the cop gets to choose the jail time.

How it works:

He left clicks on the person, this sends the person to jail, like the old fashion way. However, the cop then has a popup screen on how long the person should be in jail for (between 1-5 minutes).
This of-course depends on the seriousness of the offence.

Or if that wouldn't work, his arrest stick can be set to a certain jail time.
Is this possible?

------------------------------------

Removing the money printer sound, this is causing too much metagame atm.
Daniel
Daniel
Owner
Owner

Male Posts : 705

https://igrp.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Some Ideas - Sounds good in my head Empty Re: Some Ideas - Sounds good in my head

Post by Hart Silver Thu Jul 18, 2013 3:59 am

Daniel wrote: Or if that wouldn't work, his arrest stick can be set to a certain jail time.
I saw this system on a different server, it worked very well. As for your choice to remove the money printer sound, I completely agree. It's just too obvious to anyone passing by that you have contraband in your house/base.
Hart Silver
Hart Silver
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 134

Back to top Go down

Some Ideas - Sounds good in my head Empty Re: Some Ideas - Sounds good in my head

Post by Fulcrum Thu Jul 18, 2013 6:05 am

It is possible to have the jailer set to different time not sure how it would be decided though? most people either wouldn't use it or they'de switch to max because it makes them "more powerful"

Fulcrum

Male Posts : 384

Back to top Go down

Post by Pjosip Thu Jul 18, 2013 12:21 pm

I on firsthand would use it based on how serious the crime is.
When it comes to abuse, check out my post below, i think it would completely solve that issue.

https://igrp.forumotion.co.uk/t318-good-rp-vs-bad-rp
Pjosip
Pjosip

Male Posts : 202

http://thedominionnetwork.ewwbly.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Fulcrum Thu Jul 18, 2013 7:47 pm

I would love for a star thing like telecctric proposed with jail time increasing depending on how bad you are. What I'm thinking is count player kills. A standard wanted would give someone minimal jail time say 1 minute. Then for each kill they do or have done it adds 20 seconds to a max of 300 seconds. This would discourage people from killing all the cops chasing them? Someone might even consider hiding their stuff (well within rp) then serving their jail time, knowing it will be short since they have only stolen a loaf of bread.

Fulcrum

Back to top Go down

Post by Teletric Fri Jul 19, 2013 2:19 pm

Fulcrum wrote:I would love for a star thing like telecctric proposed with jail time increasing depending on how bad you are. What I'm thinking is count player kills. A standard wanted would give someone minimal jail time say 1 minute. Then for each kill they do or have done it adds 20 seconds to a max of 300 seconds. This would discourage people from killing all the cops chasing them? Someone might even consider hiding their stuff (well within rp) then serving their jail time, knowing it will be short since they have only stolen a loaf of bread.
I don't really see how Stars come into play.
Stars in the US determine how widespread and serious the search for you is and how seriously you will be punished.
Also stars progress the longer you go without being caught, so this will encourage people to turn themselves in rather than stay in hiding.
I personally think my version of the star system is simple and easier to script, but you're entitled to your opinion.
Teletric
Teletric

Male Posts : 70

Back to top Go down

Post by Cypher Fri Jul 19, 2013 2:23 pm

Teletric wrote:
Fulcrum wrote:I would love for a star thing like telecctric proposed with jail time increasing depending on how bad you are. What I'm thinking is count player kills. A standard wanted would give someone minimal jail time say 1 minute. Then for each kill they do or have done it adds 20 seconds to a max of 300 seconds. This would discourage people from killing all the cops chasing them? Someone might even consider hiding their stuff (well within rp) then serving their jail time, knowing it will be short since they have only stolen a loaf of bread.
Stars in the US determine how widespread and serious the search for you is and how seriously you will be punished.
Also stars progress the longer you go without being caught, so this will encourage people to turn themselves in rather than stay in hiding.
I personally think my version of the star system is simple and easier to script, but you're entitled to your opinion.

You know, or all of your systems suck and just go with Daniels.

If you add a killcounter, we're going to have minges trying to see how many kills they can get.

Stars are from GTA 4. Do you really want us to be GTA 4?

ARMA 2 Life servers have been using a slider system for years. Abuse is minimal with basic administration.
Cypher
Cypher
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 206

Back to top Go down

Post by Teletric Fri Jul 19, 2013 3:32 pm

Cypher wrote:
Teletric wrote:

You know, or all of your systems suck and just go with Daniels.

If you add a killcounter, we're going to have minges trying to see how many kills they can get.

Stars are from GTA 4. Do you really want us to be GTA 4?
ARMA 2 Life servers have been using a slider system for years. Abuse is minimal with basic administration.
No, Stars are from real life. They just took that system and put it into GTA IV.
Also you just broke a forum rule. Just sayin'.
Teletric
Teletric

Back to top Go down

Post by Fulcrum Fri Jul 19, 2013 7:27 pm

No the kill counter would be internal. Hidden from view. IT would just be a way to discourage killing since the more you kill the longer ur sentence.

The whole police arrest somone then decide the jail time thing. I just don't see people being lenient. + I'm not good with guis. + extra network traffic

Fulcrum

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodney Bryson Fri Jul 19, 2013 9:58 pm

Wouldn't a killcounter be sort of metagame? Like if a hitman silently takes out a guy in a dark alley, no witnesses, no evidence, why should he automatically get a longer sentence? Or am I just mistaken?
Rodney Bryson
Rodney Bryson
Co-Owner
Co-Owner

Male Posts : 221

Back to top Go down

Post by Fulcrum Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:14 pm

Rodney Bryson wrote:Wouldn't a killcounter be sort of metagame? Like if a hitman silently takes out a guy in a dark alley, no witnesses, no evidence, why should he automatically get a longer sentence? Or am I just mistaken?

That is 1 issue. Just imagine the cops using a mental probe on him or forcing him to confess his crimes.

+ it would only be while wanted.
So a hitman is fine until hes wanted. Then he can decide to hide his gun (well in the limits of roleplay) hand himself in for a minimal sentence. Get out and carry on.

Instead of commit crime then kill every cop he sees for the next 5 minutes then whine about new life rule when he is finally arrest/killed.

Fulcrum

Back to top Go down

Post by Teletric Sat Jul 20, 2013 7:26 am

Rodney Bryson wrote:Wouldn't a killcounter be sort of metagame? Like if a hitman silently takes out a guy in a dark alley, no witnesses, no evidence, why should he automatically get a longer sentence? Or am I just mistaken?
That is why the wanted system works better for a system like this. They SEE the person commit a crime, they make them a higher wanted level.
Teletric
Teletric

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down