Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Groups Idea Thread - Please keep all Ideas to this thread

+7
Igor The Sloth
Rendered-spectre
Rodney Bryson
Zeroi9
Fulcrum
Daniel
Felor Metlock
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Groups Idea Thread - Please keep all Ideas to this thread Empty Groups Idea Thread - Please keep all Ideas to this thread

Post by Felor Metlock Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:18 pm

So Daniel said in more update announcement he said coming soon Groups

SO here is the thread to propose your ideas.

Police group
A Merchant Group
A Hired Group
A gang Group
Other

Those are basically the different groups

Now FULCRUM (or any person who knows how to change models/ragdolls into playermodels) Would you be kind enough as to make the Suits and Robbers addon into player models Here is the link http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=110138917&searchtext=Suits+and+Robbers

Felor Metlock

Back to top Go down

Groups Idea Thread - Please keep all Ideas to this thread Empty Re: Groups Idea Thread - Please keep all Ideas to this thread

Post by Daniel Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:26 pm

The groups will be VERY limited, by this I mean we will have 1-2 groups tops and ensure that all members in those groups are willing to RP.
The group will be limited to around 5-6 people.
There will be no custom models for groups, as I personally dislike the fact of downloading models for something on a server to which I cannot use.
On HGRP the groups were bad. Something which I personally think can be improved here. The whole application process will be very strict.
Daniel
Daniel
Owner
Owner

Male Posts : 705

https://igrp.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Groups Idea Thread - Please keep all Ideas to this thread Empty Re: Groups Idea Thread - Please keep all Ideas to this thread

Post by Felor Metlock Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:31 pm

Daniel I meant for the addon (if changed to playermodels) to be made available to practically everyone/donators only.

As for the group information i was wandering how your were going to do it. I know the groups idea went out the window in HGRP

Felor Metlock

Back to top Go down

Post by Fulcrum Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:17 pm

~HYDRA~

Fulcrum

Male Posts : 384

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeroi9 Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:33 pm

They do look very nice, but I agree with Daniel. I think the decision should depend on how much it is to download.

Zeroi9
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 68

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodney Bryson Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:34 pm

We should be able to do some nice groups with models that are already in the game / css models, there are a bunch that are unused.
Rodney Bryson
Rodney Bryson
Co-Owner
Co-Owner

Male Posts : 221

Back to top Go down

Post by Rendered-spectre Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:35 pm

Fulcrum wrote:~HYDRA~
If that is what I think it is...HAIL HYDRA.

As for suggestions...I don't even need to say it. I expect many re-imaginings of previous groups from the glorious days of HGRP and the such.
Rendered-spectre
Rendered-spectre

Male Posts : 58

Back to top Go down

Post by Felor Metlock Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:46 pm

...Keep missing what im trying to say with Suits and robbers

Im saying first they need to be made playermodels. Then the playermodels downloaded for everyones use, it would be great to see a hitman wearing a suit, robbers wearing masks.

Felor Metlock

Back to top Go down

Post by Fulcrum Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:52 pm

how about ~HYDRA~?

ps I've never tried to do any of that player model stuff.

Fulcrum

Back to top Go down

Post by Igor The Sloth Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:04 pm

Daniel wrote:The groups will be VERY limited, by this I mean we will have 1-2 groups tops and ensure that all members in those groups are willing to RP.
The group will be limited to around 5-6 people.
There will be no custom models for groups, as I personally dislike the fact of downloading models for something on a server to which I cannot use.
On HGRP the groups were bad. Something which I personally think can be improved here. The whole application process will be very strict.
I tried very strict application processes for groups on my Hl2RP server and it was a massive fail. No one bothered with them Very Happy Only 3 groups to ever exist were mine, Vaas' and Cyphers.
Igor The Sloth
Igor The Sloth

Back to top Go down

Post by Fulcrum Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:09 pm

501st was successful in hgrp. So much so that lots of ppl wanted to join. Some members even tried to make fake their way in or make rip off groups. 502nd etc.

I lolled.

Fulcrum

Back to top Go down

Post by ThatRandomGuy Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:18 pm

Assuming past groups from hgrp are allowed? Some of them worked really good for a while

ThatRandomGuy

Back to top Go down

Post by Fulcrum Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:21 pm

How bout a new 1...

~HYDRA~

Fulcrum

Back to top Go down

Post by ThatRandomGuy Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:51 pm

Fulcrum wrote:501st was successful in hgrp. So much so that lots of ppl wanted to join. Some members even tried to make fake their way in or make rip off groups. 502nd etc.

I lolled.
Didn't Ron try to make one? XD

ThatRandomGuy

Back to top Go down

Post by Fulcrum Mon Aug 12, 2013 11:00 pm

I was referring to haleem. But yeah ron got rejected so many times he decided to make his own

Fulcrum

Back to top Go down

Post by T. Bowman Tue Aug 13, 2013 1:47 am

Merchant groups failed hardcore. Had like 5 of them and none of them did shit. Also, Suits and Robbers would be pointless, you'd have to download the entire pack just to use like 2-4 skins. No thanks. If models are later decided to be downloaded, and you want suits, use the Citizen Suit Playermodel (no link cuz fak u, look it up yourself). The only downside is that it T-poses when using just your hands and walking and there is currently no fix yet.
T. Bowman
T. Bowman
Co-Owner
Co-Owner

Male Posts : 111

Back to top Go down

Post by ThatRandomGuy Tue Aug 13, 2013 1:53 am

T. Bowman wrote:Merchant groups failed hardcore. Had like 5 of them and none of them did shit. Also, Suits and Robbers would be pointless, you'd have to download the entire pack just to use like 2-4 skins. No thanks. If models are later decided to be downloaded, and you want suits, use the Citizen Suit Playermodel (no link cuz fak u, look it up yourself). The only downside is that it T-poses when using just your hands and walking and there is currently no fix yet.
I dunno, it's hard to take a t posed person seriously, even if there wearin a suit

ThatRandomGuy

Back to top Go down

Post by T. Bowman Tue Aug 13, 2013 2:02 am

ThatRandomGuy wrote:
T. Bowman wrote:Merchant groups failed hardcore. Had like 5 of them and none of them did shit. Also, Suits and Robbers would be pointless, you'd have to download the entire pack just to use like 2-4 skins. No thanks. If models are later decided to be downloaded, and you want suits, use the Citizen Suit Playermodel (no link cuz fak u, look it up yourself). The only downside is that it T-poses when using just your hands and walking and there is currently no fix yet.
I dunno, it's hard to take a t posed person seriously, even if there wearin a suit
Yeah, plus:

P1: ADMIN HE BROKE FEARRP
P2: No I didn't, I had my gun on you!
P1: How can I tell? You're t-posed? wtf
P2: wtf admin come2me
T. Bowman
T. Bowman
Co-Owner
Co-Owner

Male Posts : 111

Back to top Go down

Post by Fulcrum Tue Aug 13, 2013 2:19 am

ye if ur gunna get models make sure theyre complete. OTherwise it just makes us look like idiots.

Would an established community use tposing models?

Fulcrum

Back to top Go down

Post by ThatRandomGuy Tue Aug 13, 2013 4:07 am

Fulcrum wrote:ye if ur gunna get models make sure theyre complete. OTherwise it just makes us look like idiots.

Would an established community use tposing models?
Exactly. Personally, I don't see the problem with the models we have already
But this is kinda getting off-topic, back to group discussion

ThatRandomGuy

Back to top Go down

Post by Cypher Tue Aug 13, 2013 4:21 am

I feel like OP isn't getting the memo of what a group actually is...
Cypher
Cypher
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 206

Back to top Go down

Post by Pjosip Tue Aug 13, 2013 4:58 am

I already suggested Suits and robbers before, and you can brake down the pack and give Mobsters few playermodels, gangsters can have other few, a couple to keypadcracker and proffesional thief, and few you reserver just for the groups.

It is not an uncommon thing for a server not to use HL2 models witch are extremely outdated, and it would make the server stand out more.
It is understandable that certain people might have longer download time especially if they are missing some other stuff server uses, but you can always put up the picture on loading screen saying "Is the download taking to slow? visit igrp.forumotion.co.uk" and put a steam workshop link in a noticable place containing Suits and robbers and also other stuff that might take longer time to download/cause errors (gmod tower hats perhaps).
Pjosip
Pjosip

Male Posts : 202

http://thedominionnetwork.ewwbly.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Igor The Sloth Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:13 am

Personally if you think that downloading stuff is a problem then you are VERY wrong :DWanna know what most of the good servers have in common? They require ton of custom content. Like Pjosip said, thats what makes them stand out. Steam comes with a web browser, which you can have running during the downloads, people can go on YT or read the server rules while they wait. One time download, even if its as long as 20 minutes, is nothing compared to the hundreds of hours of fun you can have playing on the server.

Like Pjosip said, you can also create content packs, if a player cant be bothered to download it, what makes you think he will care about proper RP or reading the rules? The rules list is quite large, even bigger than what we had on CSRP, it had 52+ rules last time I checked. Reading all of that takes way more effort than following few simple links to download a content pack, especially when steam puts it all in a very convenient collection pack, which just takes one click to download.
Igor The Sloth
Igor The Sloth

Back to top Go down

Post by Fulcrum Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:23 pm

Hydra?

Fulcrum

Back to top Go down

Post by Felor Metlock Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:29 pm

Fulcrum wrote:Hydra?
Fulcrum Please explain in detail would Hydra Involves.

Felor Metlock

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next