Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rank Suggestions

+2
Fredd Higgins
zebramf
6 posters

Go down

Rank Suggestions Empty Rank Suggestions

Post by zebramf Sun May 19, 2013 1:38 pm

Here's something that should be discussed BEFORE we put a server up - Ranks. And instead of having just the four Guest, Mod, Admin, Owner ranks, I think we should try and mix it up a bit. So I came up with a small ranking system that I believe would work well in a 30-slot server.

Banned: What you see is what you get. You are banned from the server. If you feel that you have been banned unfairly, appeal on the forums.
Guest: This is the default server rank. You have no special privileges. Don't screw up, this is your only warning. Read the rules, RP well, and play nice or face the might of the Banhammer.
Member: You've proven to the staff that you can RP well. You have been given some special rewards as well as the trust of your fellow RP playmates.
Donator: You've donated to the server. Thanks! As a reward, you will be given access to several special promotions only available to people like you.
Donator+: You've donated to the server and proven that you can RP well, You're turning out to be a model RP player! You have gained all the special treatments that both Members and Donators have!
Server Moderator: You are a server moderator. Your job is to enforce the rules that you've sworn to protect. If you fail at your duties, however, don't expect any lenience from your superiors.
Head Server Moderator: You are the head of the moderation team. You have access to banning misbehaving players for a short period of time. Make sure to follow those rules you enforce so strictly, or you could come under fire by the head staff.
Server Admin: Apparently, the owner(s) have trusted you with access to the Banhammer. Do not fail them. Take the server rules to heart, follow exemplary RP skills, and show those below you why you are someone to be followed.
Head Server Admin: You have progressed to the position of Head Admin. It is your duty to command your squad of selected administrators and moderators to glory!
Co-Owner (if applicable): You answer only to the Server Owner, yet command everyone below you. Your contributions to the server have given you this godly position. So don't screw it up.
Server Owner: Hi, Daniel. Have fun commanding your own server. You are God here, and no one is going to say otherwise. If they do, show no mercy.

Forum Moderator: You have been given the position of Forum Moderator. Your job is to rat out those who make mistakes and correct/remove them.
Forum Admin: Take the forum rules to heart and enforce them with an iron fist. Get that illegal material off our forums. No one wants to see that here. Oh, ban the guy responsible for it, too.

Yeah, it may be a lot like HGRP (maybe exactly like it), but that worked pretty well didn't it? Plus, I really wanted to add some descriptions to the ranks. Also, there are special forum ranks that focus ONLY on the forums. Suggestions please!
zebramf
zebramf

Male Posts : 8

Back to top Go down

Rank Suggestions Empty Re: Rank Suggestions

Post by Fredd Higgins Sun May 19, 2013 6:29 pm

I like it, good descriptions
Fredd Higgins
Fredd Higgins

Male Posts : 75

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucon Terro Sun May 19, 2013 7:17 pm

Very good, but dan still hasn't decided whether to carry on the ranks.
Lucon Terro
Lucon Terro

Female Posts : 178

https://igrp.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by The Scavenger Sun May 19, 2013 7:19 pm

If we use these, It could be confusing but could work eventually I guess. But let's not rush with ranks yet. Daniel is probably still deciding as for who he wants as staff.
The Scavenger
The Scavenger

Male Posts : 125

Back to top Go down

Post by zebramf Sun May 19, 2013 7:31 pm

The Scavenger wrote:But let's not rush with ranks yet. Daniel is probably still deciding as for who he wants as staff.
I know, I know. I just wanted to see if I could do something with the system, even if it's nowhere near time to discuss it. Daniel's got all the time he needs. I'm not trying to rush anything on him.
zebramf
zebramf

Male Posts : 8

Back to top Go down

Post by Felor Metlock Sun May 19, 2013 8:18 pm

I like the guest to member
but i think to be a full fledged member you should also be a member on the forums.

Plus with all the tags and things Daniel may need a little help sorting them out

Felor Metlock

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel Sun May 19, 2013 9:01 pm

Okay, this sounds really really good and I like them.
I'll do some tweaking to it, and maybe remove or add some new ones. I'll make a post soon about it in announcements.
Daniel
Daniel
Owner
Owner

Male Posts : 705

Back to top Go down

Post by Felor Metlock Sun May 19, 2013 9:31 pm

I like the tweaks daniel.
The problem now is when we start the server in june/july i reckon there may be 'minges' on so maybe have a couple of staff to begin with.

Felor Metlock

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel Sun May 19, 2013 9:38 pm

Felor Metlock wrote:I like the tweaks daniel.
The problem now is when we start the server in june/july i reckon there may be 'minges' on so maybe have a couple of staff to begin with.

Yeah, don't worry. I will set up pre-applications and speak to certain people regarding staff positions.
Daniel
Daniel
Owner
Owner

Male Posts : 705

Back to top Go down

Post by Felor Metlock Sun May 19, 2013 9:45 pm

Alright sounds good, goodluck with your exams

Felor Metlock

Back to top Go down