Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Admins, make up your mind

+3
T. Bowman
SilentK
Pjosip
7 posters

Go down

Admins, make up your mind Empty Admins, make up your mind

Post by Pjosip Mon Aug 05, 2013 2:15 am

So today 4 diferent admins told me 4 diferrent things.
Admin number one said: Don't weapon check people in checkpoints unless it's a lockdown.
Admin number two said: You can weapon ckeck people in ckeckpoints (he's superadmin)

Admin number 3 told me, "A guy said he's dealing drugs, arrest him/ a guy had a gun out AOS!"
Admin number 4 told me, "There is no roleplay, people should roleplay more" -not a direct quote but a summary of what he wanted to say.

I get this all the time, one admin/mod says one thing , another one says completely the opposite...
Seriousely I can't keep track of how to play when diferent admins join, can you all just agree to how you expect us to play, cause I can't handle being constantly told diferent stuff by everybody.

For instance, half a week ago I was told that if I get killed (as police) and another officer asks for backup you can brake NLR, yesterday I got told that I can't by staff, and today co-owner told me that I can...

Serousely, I can't play by different rules every time I join the game.
Pjosip
Pjosip

Male Posts : 202

http://thedominionnetwork.ewwbly.com

Back to top Go down

Admins, make up your mind Empty Re: Admins, make up your mind

Post by SilentK Mon Aug 05, 2013 2:20 am

Well, all the rules are listed here. I would speak to an SA+ if you'd want to get the rules more specific.
SilentK
SilentK

Male Posts : 47

Back to top Go down

Post by T. Bowman Mon Aug 05, 2013 2:24 am

Pjosip wrote:So today 4 diferent admins told me 4 diferrent things.
Admin number one said: Don't weapon check people in checkpoints unless it's a lockdown.
Admin number two said: You can weapon ckeck people in ckeckpoints (he's superadmin)

Admin number 3 told me, "A guy said he's dealing drugs, arrest him/ a guy had a gun out AOS!"
Admin number 4 told me, "There is no roleplay, people should roleplay more" -not a direct quote but a summary of what he wanted to say.

I get this all the time, one admin/mod says one thing , another one says completely the opposite...
Seriousely I can't keep track of how to play when diferent admins join, can you all just agree to how you expect us to play, cause I can't handle being constantly told diferent stuff by everybody.

For instance, half a week ago I was told that if I get killed (as police) and another officer asks for backup you can brake NLR, yesterday I got told that I can't by staff, and today co-owner told me that I can...

Uh, I'm 100% confident that you CAN'T break NLR for that.
T. Bowman
T. Bowman
Co-Owner
Co-Owner

Male Posts : 111

Back to top Go down

Post by Pjosip Mon Aug 05, 2013 2:27 am

Call me a bogie I was woing it with an admin being SWAT.
Gtg now to relax cause I got very angry.
Well, more like upset and on the edge of crying cause everytime I join I keep doing stuff wrong.
Pjosip
Pjosip

Male Posts : 202

http://thedominionnetwork.ewwbly.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Fulcrum Mon Aug 05, 2013 7:23 pm

If you are killed and another officer hears your death/sees your death/persues the murderer and asks for backup then surely you as a new cop with anew life should come to his backup?

The nlr rules are shitty imo. Just gives kids a reason to kill cops. Easier to kill a cop then use the threat of getting a mod to kick for a shitty rule than it is to let the cop live and deal with the consequences or heaven forbid actually have to roleplay Surprised

tl'dr nlr is shit and is only used by kids to protect their money farms from cops.

Fulcrum

Male Posts : 384

Back to top Go down

Post by Elmar Johnson Mon Aug 05, 2013 7:29 pm

Pjosip wrote:Call me a bogie I was woing it with an admin being SWAT.
Gtg now to relax cause I got very angry.
Well, more like upset and on the edge of crying cause everytime I join I keep doing stuff wrong.

I Agree, dieing and respawning as cop is like a new recruited cop or something.
Elmar Johnson
Elmar Johnson

Male Posts : 176

http://steamcommunity.com/id/ElmarCookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Brick Tamland Mon Aug 05, 2013 7:54 pm

The only thing that annoys me with checkpoints they take the admin keypad checker then you have to explain why you need it and what it is.

I had several problems the other day were I was wanted for "Illegal Weapons" were it comes up as keypad cracker.
Brick Tamland
Brick Tamland
Head-Admin
Head-Admin

Male Posts : 54

Back to top Go down

Post by Fulcrum Mon Aug 05, 2013 8:41 pm

Dan needs to add admin keypad checker to the legal weapon list.

Fulcrum

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodney Bryson Mon Aug 05, 2013 11:47 pm

Pjosip wrote:So today 4 diferent admins told me 4 diferrent things.
1. Admin number one said: Don't weapon check people in checkpoints unless it's a lockdown.

2. Admin number 3 told me, "A guy said he's dealing drugs, arrest him/ a guy had a gun out AOS!"

3. For instance, half a week ago I was told that if I get killed (as police) and another officer asks for backup you can brake NLR, yesterday I got told that I can't by staff, and today co-owner told me that I can...

There wouldn't be any point in having a checkpoint if it was just there to close during lockdowns. People are supposed to be inside anyways, therefore its also really pointless to weaponcheck people during a lockdown. So you can weaponcheck people at checkpoints. That being said, you can't just build a checkpoint without reason. You should have the mayors permission first. If there is no mayor I don't see why you would have one as it's supposed to be put up if the mayor thinks there is too much crime in the city and they need something to control it at the checkpoint area etc.
I don't think I ever AoS. I always try to interract with people first, even if it's just telling them why they are under arrest. So yea, AOS shouldn't be used as this server is aiming to be SeriousRP. Dealing drugs is illegal though, so arrest people doing it still. Just don't walk over to them and arrest them from behind etc.
Me and Tyler discussed that one more in-depth over steam.
Short summary, you can't break NLR if being called for backup. That being the 5 min rule and forgetting what happened to you.
What happened in my case yesterday was that the cops raided a building, most of us got shot (I didn't actually). Then about 4-5 min later, the mayor (who wasn't related to the previous raid/situation at all) asks for backup in the same building as he was threatened with guns. People said it was NLR when I came back to the mayor, and I said it wasn't in that case. I think it was a misunderstanding. What we want to avoid is having one cop just staying alive during a firefight and keep calling for backup when the other cops die. That would be breaking NLR. Take some time before you can come back. That being wait until the event or whatever is over basically.

I also have to agree with Fulcrum. NLR is weird. If you respawn as a new cop, you can't just magically ignore backup calls because of a weird rule, but as it could result in endless firefights we have to. So it's pretty much a question about is it in the same firefight/situation that you died in you are being called for backup for? Isn't it? Then you can help out. Is it the same place and firefight/situation, then NLR applies.
Rodney Bryson
Rodney Bryson
Co-Owner
Co-Owner

Male Posts : 221

Back to top Go down

Post by Fulcrum Tue Aug 06, 2013 12:14 am

It shouldn't be endless firefights. Cops should be boosted. Overwatch should totally crush any opposition. Real criminals would run if given a chance. Not kill 1000s of cops.

The issue is fools seem to think they are playing cod. I remember having this issue on csrp alot, I often banned the perpetrators/got an rpg then got reported for admin abuse.

The cops should somehow give the criminals a chance to escape, maybe leave a secret tunnel empty or back far enough for people to run away into the sewers (but watch out for them coming from behind, people doing this should be perma banned)

People should fear rp, if they are surrounded by cops with more backup on the way with no hope of escape they should surrender. If they don't then they are breaking a rule and deserve the harshest of punishment.

Fulcrum

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodney Bryson Tue Aug 06, 2013 1:21 am

Fulcrum wrote:It shouldn't be endless firefights. Cops should be boosted. Overwatch should totally crush any opposition. Real criminals would run if given a chance. Not kill 1000s of cops.

The issue is fools seem to think they are playing cod. I remember having this issue on csrp alot, I often banned the perpetrators/got an rpg then got reported for admin abuse.

The cops should somehow give the criminals a chance to escape, maybe leave a secret tunnel empty or back far enough for people to run away into the sewers (but watch out for them coming from behind, people doing this should be perma banned)

People should fear rp, if they are surrounded by cops with more backup on the way with no hope of escape they should surrender. If they don't then they are breaking a rule and deserve the harshest of punishment.

Correct, that would be great as it's way more realistic but then again, this is DarkRP. Good luck getting everyone to RP perfectly. We can try, but it's difficult.
Rodney Bryson
Rodney Bryson
Co-Owner
Co-Owner

Male Posts : 221

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down