Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The absolute ignorance of some admins.

5 posters

Go down

The absolute ignorance of some admins. Empty The absolute ignorance of some admins.

Post by Oyster Sat Aug 10, 2013 11:11 am

Your Name: Clam

Your steam ID: STEAM_0:0:32523902

Time of Incident: 8/9/2013, 3:50PM Central Time

Staff member(s) name(s): JohnRyan, Katie

What happened?: Well, I was being a Civil Protection Officer at the time this incident happened. I was strolling around, patrolling the city when I heard multiple gunshots coming from a building near the Yellow Warehouse. I then sat there for a bit, to see if anyone was getting shot or mugged, turns out I was right. I then made a warrant, which was approved by the mayor, the reason for the warrant was "Shootings at a person" or something along the lines of that ,breached into the house and went downstairs yelling "Drop the gun". To my surprise no one had the gun on them. It is when then that I got teleported outside of the basement and into the upper part of the building by "Katie". Throughout the whole situation, she was acting very arrogant and immature .Everything else is on the demo that I recorded of the incident. Its a shame that I didn't record that I said in the beginning.

From here on out is related to the events that are happening in the demo, giving out the timelines in the demo so that you may accurately see and inspect the situation better:

-0:28, You can see me, trying to "RP". Self explained, really.

-0:47, Me explaining the situation to them as nice as possible.

-1:50, Katie lashing out on me when I kept trying to RP.

- At 3:30, Katie begins to say how I can't suspect that they have a gun, when I just heard multiple gunshots in the direction of the building. This troubled me for a bit and made me angry.

- 4:30, Silver asks for me to get a warrant, which I already got and approved by the mayor.

- 4:40, She compares me hearing multiple gunshots and a scream of agony from someone to printer sounds. This are two different situations, If I would've heard a printer, the character that I was Rping as would've just thought that it was just a paper printer, printing valuable business papers.

- 4:50, The freakin' chick says that it wasn't a gun, but pleasure. I didn't knew that pleasure sounded so loud and not even close to the normal human screams. At this point is where my blood got boiling.

- 5:00, I searched all of them, after I told them to line up on the wall so that I may searched them(I told them through the mic to line up on the wall, with my gun out). She then says its random. I tell her to drop the gun and there won't be an arrest, all she needed to do was drop the gun so that we may go on our merry ways.

- 5:40, She denies she had any type of weaponry or firearm after I searched her. She came out and lashed out on me, saying a "NOPE". I thought this was extremely immature of her and should not be the conduct of an admin of the server.

-6:20, Completely irrelevant information for her to even say. As it wasn't even pleasure, it was a fucking gunshot that I heard, a gunshot! Who gets pleasure from shooting a gun to a person, and by pleasure I mean sexual pleasure. Well, I mean sadistic persons but those guys are usually in jail.

-6:30, At this time, all the respect I had towards JohnRyan went down the drain. Not only did he poorly analyzed the situation at hand, he completely ignored all the statements I said. This is where I paused, because if I wouldn't used my mic or typed what was on my mind at that moment, I wouldn't been perma'd on the spot.

-7:00, I gave JohnRyan the benefit of the doubt and began typing what I already said on the mic. Keep in mind, I was still completely livid.

-7:30, Comparing a freaking gunshot with bangs. Who the hell does that! If they really wanted to have "SexRP", which I am 90% sure it is not allowed on the server, they would've been better of using /me's.
-8:00, JohnRyan now says that I had no evidence to breach and enter the building. Even though I heard multiple gunshots inside the building and someone scream, yelling in agony. This is the part where I get extremely furious at the admins of the server.

-8:10, An admin of the server begins mocking me, hurting my feelings a bit. JohnRyan then joins in on the mockery of me, this is where I really, really and truly lost all respect for these three admins that were here.

-8:40, Hart Silver, actually taking action of the situation. I was just appalled that the other admins didn't say anything to him, other then Hart Silver. I looked at these two admins with such disdain.

-9:00, JohnRyan says that I used meta-game. I think that Ryan is a bit confused with meta-game. I did not use any OOC knowledge, instead I use my hearing and the in-game sounds. As explained before there was gunshots and screaming in the building.

-9:20, Hart, the voice of reason speaks! But John doesn't want to hear it. Not answering his question.

-10:25, Ryan comparing the in-game sounds with meta-game. Might as well fucking take off every gunshot sound, so that we don't "Hear meta-game". How can hearing a gunshot be considered meta-game? Its implemented in the game for a reason.

-10-35, Ryan decides hes had enough of me and decides to physgun me out of the building.

-10-43, Katie asking me how did I know it was a gunshot. Well Katie, I knew it was a gunshot because it was loud, fearsome and I've been playing this game for over a year now, so I think I know what a freakin' gun sounds like, at least in Garry's Mod.

11:08, I begin to exit out of the computer, so that I may simmer down a bit. What I felt about this whole situation was complete and utter anger towards the admins who did the sloppiest of work I've seen in all my years of Garry's Mod. If this was another player, he would've been tempted to say offensive things towards the admins, eventually getting him banned.

Evidence: http://www.mediafire.com/?hj4q2dled4dgd85   <--- Demo about all that I said. If you do not know how to play a demo then follow these steps:

1. Open Garry's Mod

2. Open up Console

3. Type in the Console demoui

4. Locate the file of the demo, in this case the name of the file is "KatieAbusing.dem"

5. Once you've located the file press "Load" on the Demo's Ui.

(You must first download the demo.)

PS. I got my mic so that the higher ups could hear me, but I don't know, it glitched or something. Shame I couldn't record this demo with my voice, only at the beginning of the demo. Hmp...

Oyster

Back to top Go down

The absolute ignorance of some admins. Empty Re: The absolute ignorance of some admins.

Post by Pjosip Sat Aug 10, 2013 11:30 am

The demo doesen't want to play for me, I do exactly as you said and this comes out in the console.
] demoui
playdemo : plays a demo file
Unknown command: demopauseafterinit
Pjosip
Pjosip

Male Posts : 202

http://thedominionnetwork.ewwbly.com

Back to top Go down

The absolute ignorance of some admins. Empty Re: The absolute ignorance of some admins.

Post by Oyster Sat Aug 10, 2013 11:36 am

I forgot to say, once you've typed "demoui" on on console, click load then locate the file in your computer.

Oyster

Back to top Go down

Post by Hart Silver Sat Aug 10, 2013 12:13 pm

One way to fix it is to place the KatieAbusing.dem file into Steam > steamapps > Common > GarrysMod > garrysmod > demos and then load it up by clicking on Demos in the GMod main menu.
Hart Silver
Hart Silver
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 134

Back to top Go down

Post by Igor The Sloth Sat Aug 10, 2013 12:51 pm

The complaint seems valid. I have watched the video and it does indeed show some FailAdmin work Smile

Not to mention the "I like cookies" name. Clearly some admins dont enforce RP. As many of you know, enforcing RP is crucial in having a good server, if no one cares about realistic RP names and actually RPing the entire server fails. Ah yes, the I like cookies person was a staff member. Clearly 10/10 staff for picking a pro RP name like this.

If it was me I'd demote the person back to regular user. Guys do what you want, this is just what I think should be done. Will probly edit this as I continue to watch the demo, still got a min or two to go.

Edit: The names might just be the demo only logging Steam names. Ignore that point then. However still a lot of stuff u can complain about there.
Igor The Sloth
Igor The Sloth

Back to top Go down

Post by Hart Silver Sat Aug 10, 2013 1:00 pm

Igor The Sloth wrote:The complaint seems valid. I have watched the video and it does indeed show some FailAdmin work Smile

Not to mention the "I like cookies" name. Clearly some admins dont enforce RP. As many of you know, enforcing RP is crucial in having a good server, if no one cares about realistic RP names and actually RPing the entire server fails. Ah yes, the I like cookies person was a staff member. Clearly 10/10 staff for picking a pro RP name like this.

If it was me I'd demote the person back to regular user. Guys do what you want, this is just what I think should be done. Will probly edit this as I continue to watch the demo, still got a min or two to go.

Edit: The names might just be the demo only logging Steam names. Ignore that point then. However still a lot of stuff u can complain about there.
Tbh, I agree with you and I feel like I should of done something more to help, so I kinda feel like an ass now. Btw the names you saw in the demo were actually our steam names (For some reason the demo didn't show the RP names.)
Hart Silver
Hart Silver
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 134

Back to top Go down

Post by Igor The Sloth Sat Aug 10, 2013 1:31 pm

Hart Silver wrote:
Igor The Sloth wrote:The complaint seems valid. I have watched the video and it does indeed show some FailAdmin work Smile

Tbh, I agree with you and I feel like I should of done something more to help, so I kinda feel like an ass now. Btw the names you saw in the demo were actually our steam names (For some reason the demo didn't show the RP names.)

Yea I figured the name bit after I saw everyone with retard names like that Smile <3
Igor The Sloth
Igor The Sloth

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel Sat Aug 10, 2013 7:34 pm

This is un-acceptable.
After watching the video it is petty and overall stupid. I'm extremely shocked that 2 respected administrators would allow this to happen. Katie is a new moderator, who is also new to gmod, in no way am I making excuses for her - but yesterday she shown she was a fine moderator who answered and dealt with a ton of requests with no problem.
The real report here in my eyes is on johnryan and silver, who stood there and allowed this to happen. I've also been told that an admin pmed katie to lie to a cop, not sure how true that is, I'll have to check logs.

I'll speak to them both today and take action there. I wont be able to speak to katie for a week as she is away on holiday.
Thanks for the report.
Daniel
Daniel
Owner
Owner

Male Posts : 705

https://igrp.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down