Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Special Law Powers, Mayor Powers

4 posters

Go down

Special Law Powers, Mayor Powers Empty Special Law Powers, Mayor Powers

Post by Felor Metlock Wed Aug 21, 2013 6:50 am

(Moderator) Felor Metlock: Am i able to do the law, Disobeying the Mayor means arrest and Loss of job, residence your now a hobo
(
I asked this today
And tyler responded with the problem of an admin plus doing rp_job

It would be nice that with Premium+ you have power to add this law and somehow when arrested (maybe keywords) the arrested/wanted person is changed to hobo/citizen and his place of residence is un-owned

Felor Metlock

Back to top Go down

Special Law Powers, Mayor Powers Empty Re: Special Law Powers, Mayor Powers

Post by Fulcrum Wed Aug 21, 2013 7:20 am

Felor Metlock wrote:(Moderator) Felor Metlock: Am i able to do the law, Disobeying the Mayor means arrest and Loss of job, residence your now a hobo
(
I asked this today
And tyler responded with the problem of an admin plus doing rp_job

It would be nice that with Premium+ you have power to add this law and somehow when arrested (maybe keywords) the arrested/wanted person is changed to hobo/citizen and his place of residence is un-owned
imo keep the residence and job on arrest but do that on death.

Gives people a reason to be arrested rather than suicide by cop

Fulcrum

Male Posts : 384

Back to top Go down

Post by Felor Metlock Wed Aug 21, 2013 7:25 am

Fair Enough, do you know to code for this?

Felor Metlock

Back to top Go down

Post by Fulcrum Wed Aug 21, 2013 7:57 am

Felor Metlock wrote:Fair Enough, do you know to code for this?
to make people lose their jobs on death? Razz

its put into shared now, worlds easiest to code

anyone who claims to know how to edit darkrp jobs should, imo, also know how to do the custom checks and on death stuff.

Fulcrum

Back to top Go down

Post by Felor Metlock Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:13 am

Fulcrum wrote:
Felor Metlock wrote:Fair Enough, do you know to code for this?
to make people lose their jobs on death? Razz

its put into shared now, worlds easiest to code

anyone who claims to know how to edit darkrp jobs should, imo, also know how to do the custom checks and on death stuff.
Alright so On Death lose job, As Mayor make a law saying when arrested your residence will be searched as part of investigation, unless arrested while police "raid you"

Felor Metlock

Back to top Go down

Post by Elmar Johnson Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:26 am

If your doing it so, on any job you die you loose job.
If you loose job if you die as mayor.
+1
Elmar Johnson
Elmar Johnson

Male Posts : 176

http://steamcommunity.com/id/ElmarCookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Pjosip Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:34 pm

Honestly I see to many mayors going to places where they usually won't go (for instance being 1 meter away from police while they are on a raid) and if mayor would lose his job when he dies, he would care more about his safety and the laws he puts up.

But losing job as a gdealer/medic/bar owner seems a bit pointless to me, perhaps lose a certain amount of money instead, when you are getting mugged $100 is the limit, so why not make it that you loose $1000 when you die?
That will make EVERYONE thing twice when saying "no" to getting mugged or trying to run away and try to roleplay not dying.
Pjosip
Pjosip

Male Posts : 202

http://thedominionnetwork.ewwbly.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Fulcrum Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:20 pm

Pjosip wrote:Honestly I see to many mayors going to places where they usually won't go (for instance being 1 meter away from police while they are on a raid) and if mayor would lose his job when he dies, he would care more about his safety and the laws he puts up.

But losing job as a gdealer/medic/bar owner seems a bit pointless to me, perhaps lose a certain amount of money instead, when you are getting mugged $100 is the limit, so why not make it that you loose $1000 when you die?
That will make EVERYONE thing twice when saying "no" to getting mugged or trying to run away and try to roleplay not dying.
then rdm would become a way to really troll people. Not only do you lose your m3 shotgun, soon costing 10k+ you also lose lots of money. Just coz some johnson didn't like you walking in their street.

Maybe have a "being mugged flag" if a person is being mugged or is wanted then they lose money on death otherwise no.

The root of the issue is lack of roleplay. Demote and job ban fail mayors. Simple.

Fulcrum

Back to top Go down

Post by Pjosip Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:28 pm

Fulcrum wrote:
Pjosip wrote:Honestly I see to many mayors going to places where they usually won't go (for instance being 1 meter away from police while they are on a raid) and if mayor would lose his job when he dies, he would care more about his safety and the laws he puts up.

then rdm would become a way to really troll people. Not only do you lose your m3 shotgun, soon costing 10k+ you also lose lots of money. Just coz some johnson didn't like you walking in their street.

Maybe have a "being mugged flag" if a person is being mugged or is wanted then they lose money on death otherwise no.

The root of the issue is lack of roleplay. Demote and job ban fail mayors. Simple.
Well, RDM is something for staff to deal with, also if the amount you lost is $1000, it shouldn't be hard for staff to say "Ok, person X got RDM-d and lost $1000, lets refound it"
ANd in generall I didn't see as mutch RDM or any random deaths in general as it used to be an issue in the past, especially since you can't mass propkill people as easy as it was before...

I don't think it's fair to relly on somebody brakind the rules for a suggestion to be a bad idea, afterall I hope you don't expect somebody RDMing people without staff noticing, and when they do, as easy as it is to warn/kick/ban they can also compensate the player.
Pjosip
Pjosip

Back to top Go down

Post by Fulcrum Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:32 pm

Putting extra demand on the staff, they already must deal with rdm and the likes. Having people then complain about loosing 1k. 1k isnt easy to get for a non criminal.

citizen with 45 salary, roleplaying as a street repair man. I think salary is 1 per minute. 20 minutes for 1k? assuming he spends nothing at all.

Admins refunding wont work either. Admins can't spawn cash, again some of them don't want to play as a printer lord. Where does it come from? their own pocket? then they'd get pissed. When an admin isn't on? what then? I get spawn killed 10 times and no admins on? I would leave and never return.

Fulcrum

Back to top Go down

Post by Pjosip Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:42 pm

Good point, didn't know admins can't spawn money, as I know some staff with 200k+ (won't list names) I assumed they can spawn money.
Pjosip
Pjosip

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down