Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Serious RP Basics (Contains some Far Cry 3 Spoilers D:)

3 posters

:: Main Hub :: Guides

Go down

Serious RP Basics (Contains some Far Cry 3 Spoilers D:) Empty Serious RP Basics (Contains some Far Cry 3 Spoilers D:)

Post by Teletric Thu Aug 08, 2013 4:57 am

Right, so for those of you who don't know this, Daniel really wants people to roleplay seriously. So I decided to make a guide to help. Most of this will be coming off of RP gamemodes like Cider or HL2RP.
Developing your Charecter
Roleplay is all about developing your character, and you can start by being unique. If you are a cop and all you do is run around are arrest people for breaking the laws, you aren't a unique person. Try to make your personality for visible. For example, each cop might talk differently, handle things differently, like by giving a fine instead of arresting them on the spot, unless the mayor says arrest only, that is.
Shoot2Miss
This technique is EXTREMELY recommended when you develop your character. Lets say your character has never used a gun before. Obviously, when he starts out, he would have a hard time aiming and shooting right. So what YOU have to do, is shoot, but miss on purpose. The more you use a gun, the better you will get at it. Even if you have a perfect shot lined up, if you're a hitman who usually uses a silenced USP and it's your first time using a Sniper, then you would miss because of how awkward it feels.
Apply FearRP to yourself
What's this? You thought FearRP could only be applied to other people? NO! Apply it to yourself! Imagine this: You see a person who kills your friend in front of you. So you feel it is right to kill the crook for payback, but the thing is, you never actually KILLED anyone before. So you would just hold your gun on him, pretend you're scared, and run away to go find a cop or just close your eyes and shoot. Again, character development! You got a choice there, and that decides what your character becomes. If you choose to shoot him, you have an opportunity to get used to killing people, like Jason in Far Cry 3. First, he is afraid of killing people, then he gets used to it, then he friggin' loves it. You can use this for any first time you run into, like maybe doing parkour as a courier, or maybe you are forced into killing someone you really don't want to. Even if you're a hitman, you still gotta have close friends.
Your Goal
Your goal in RP is to get people to look up to your character after he or she dies, whether it be other criminals, or the government, just anyone. But do know this, after you die, you're gonna have to develop your character all over again.

Last edited by Teletric on Thu Aug 08, 2013 5:59 am; edited 1 time in total
Teletric
Teletric

Male Posts : 70

Back to top Go down

Serious RP Basics (Contains some Far Cry 3 Spoilers D:) Empty Re: Serious RP Basics (Contains some Far Cry 3 Spoilers D:)

Post by Cypher Thu Aug 08, 2013 5:00 am

Shoot2Miss
This technique is EXTREMELY recommended when you develop your character. Lets say your character has never used a gun before. Obviously, when he starts out, he would have a hard time aiming and shooting right. So what YOU have to do, is shoot, but miss on purpose. The more you use a gun, the better you will get at it. Even if you have a perfect shot lined up, your character If you're a hitman who usually uses a silenced USP and it's your first time using a Sniper, then you would miss because of how awkward it feels.

wat
this is darkRP
why would I shoot to miss
I'm just going to get gunned down horribly
Cypher
Cypher
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 206

Back to top Go down

Serious RP Basics (Contains some Far Cry 3 Spoilers D:) Empty Re: Serious RP Basics (Contains some Far Cry 3 Spoilers D:)

Post by Teletric Thu Aug 08, 2013 5:39 am

Cypher wrote:
Shoot2Miss
This technique is EXTREMELY recommended when you develop your character. Lets say your character has never used a gun before. Obviously, when he starts out, he would have a hard time aiming and shooting right. So what YOU have to do, is shoot, but miss on purpose. The more you use a gun, the better you will get at it. Even if you have a perfect shot lined up, your character If you're a hitman who usually uses a silenced USP and it's your first time using a Sniper, then you would miss because of how awkward it feels.

wat
this is darkRP
why would I shoot to miss
I'm just going to get gunned down horribly
Because this is RP and not CoD?
Teletric
Teletric

Back to top Go down

Post by Fulcrum Thu Aug 08, 2013 5:55 am

I think shoot to miss only works in certain places in gmod. Eg if you are not under immediate threat/know the person will not shoot to kill you.

Eg. If im a terrorist shooting the cops I'll always shoot to miss. Ideally at some glass or metal so they see me and chase me. Then instead of shooting at them I'll run and try to hide. More fun than just standing there and headshotting them.

IF I'm a cop and someone is getting away, I know they're running and I want to reward them for not just killing me like a failrp shit eating mouth foaming mommies credit card spending kid so I purposely miss them, they can have the satisfaction of thinking they got away like they're some kinda space ninja.

Fulcrum

Male Posts : 384

Back to top Go down

Post by Teletric Thu Aug 08, 2013 5:57 am

Fulcrum wrote:I think shoot to miss only works in certain places in gmod. Eg if you are not under immediate threat/know the person will not shoot to kill you.

Eg. If im a terrorist shooting the cops I'll always shoot to miss. Ideally at some glass or metal so they see me and chase me. Then instead of shooting at them I'll run and try to hide. More fun than just standing there and headshotting them.

IF I'm a cop and someone is getting away, I know they're running and I want to reward them for not just killing me like a failrp shit eating mouth foaming mommies credit card spending kid so I purposely miss them, they can have the satisfaction of thinking they got away like they're some kinda space ninja.
That's also what I'm going for... well I didn't think of the second thing though, good job.
Teletric
Teletric

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down