Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Powerplay rules

+10
Teletric
Rodney Bryson
jaktens tid
Rendered-spectre
Cypher
T. Bowman
Jacky Blackheart
Pjosip
Daniel
Fulcrum
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Powerplay rules Empty Powerplay rules

Post by Fulcrum Mon Jul 29, 2013 12:28 am

Currently there have been lots of muggings and kidnaps. IF someone refuses they get kicked for "fearrp" or "failrp"

A gangster or mobster can REPEATEDLY mug and kidnap. Demanding 100-1k. If someone refuses they get reported to admins or mods. I've seen ppl kicked. Its fucking disgraceful.

Wheres the fun. What if someone doesnt want to give their money? what if unlike gangsters they actually sell things for money and dont use printers. Do they deserve a kick just because they don't want to take part in someone elses "roleplay"
Its forcing people what to do. I'm sick of it. NExt time someone mugs me ima prop push them away or pull out a gun and head shot them.

Its not roleplay if someone is forced into it. Its not play. Its "do what i tell you to or i get you kicked"

I'm seriously sick of it. If I was admin I would have done bans by now. I would have stripped, ignited or jailed those cunts.

Look up scriptplay and powerplay on serious roleplay communities. Things have got to change.

Fulcrum

Male Posts : 384

Back to top Go down

Powerplay rules Empty Re: Powerplay rules

Post by Daniel Mon Jul 29, 2013 12:30 am

I agree. Also the max mugging is $100

Rule 49 The max mugging cost is $100. This is realistic, as its highly unlikely that a greater amount would be carried. The victim of the mugging also chooses the amount they are mugged by, as at the end of the day it would be metagame to say that the victim had more than that.
Daniel
Daniel
Owner
Owner

Male Posts : 705

https://igrp.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Fulcrum Mon Jul 29, 2013 12:35 am

Double post for thought:

At what point does this become rdm.

1. Pulling a gun on someone.
2. Telling them to follow and if they don't they get kicked or killed.
3. Telling them to pay money or they get kicked or killed.

Is it not rdm is you ask for money first? In that case can I go round demanding money then shooting ppl who refuse? Would that not be rdm? would that be roleplay? How much is a deagle?

How about repeated mugging? how long must i wait after the 1st mugging to remug? is there a time period? like a plant? I can harvest money ever 3 minutes using a threat of kicking for rule breaking? Can I turn round, go inside a building run out again and mug them again? I could do this and have money printers! its a great way to make money! Hell I could even rob cops then kill them and claim failrp if they tell their friends!

Fulcrum

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel Mon Jul 29, 2013 12:39 am

I completely agree, i share/understand your frustration.
We need something to prevent this, let's wait for some ideas off the community.
Daniel
Daniel
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Pjosip Mon Jul 29, 2013 1:30 am

To be honest, when I play as a Mob Boss (or mobster) I usually don't mug the same person twice, and as far I understand, you can't raid people within 5 minutes, why not the same thing for mugging?

Also 100$ isn't that mutch and even if I have a gun I'd rather give the person 100$ than lose my pewpew.

A suggestion is that if there is only 1 mugger, that you don't have to follow fearRp if you have a gun, but if there is 2 or more fearRP is mandatory (irl if somebody might actually be brave, or stupid enough to face the perp if he is alone).

Also a simpla /911 call can show the cops exactly where you are, and therefore stop the person.
Pjosip
Pjosip

Male Posts : 202

http://thedominionnetwork.ewwbly.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Jacky Blackheart Mon Jul 29, 2013 2:50 am

well.. most of the people i mug get kidnapped if they dont pay

if i dont have time of it.. and they refuse to hand over money.. i shoot them and loot the body if they have somthing in the pocket (i found 3x shotguns  once)

i dont like to go to a victim and mugging them like this:

jack: "give me 100 dollar or i kill you"

victim: " no.. i dont have money"

Jack: "ok then.. have a good day .. plz dont tell the cops"

dont tell me someone pointing a gun at you wont use it if you refuse

people should not bring up server rules when they mugging people

only when they break it...

its no way its failrp if you dont pay..
just fearrp if they run away or take up a gun

if someone already mugged you..

you can use 911 call or get the cops..

the evidence isnt that you got mugged.. the evidence are you saw his gun into your face and he still have the gun on him..

so telling the cops will stop people mugging others

if you get mugged.. and other guy just mugged you like 2 min ago.. you can just tell him who stole your wallet and hope the guy are smart enough to walk away

i told the muggers like that .. he walked away.. worked 9/10

i dont see that as a deathmatch

i see that as a roleplay.. you getting mugged.. and now .. you try to avoid getting killed..

people should not kick others for breaking fearrp when they dont have any roleplay name and no people talked to them about it...

pro hint: to avoid muggers

1.live near pd

2. stay near cops

3. report to cops if you saw someone mugging someone

4. move away from the location when you follow number 3.

5. become a cop

6. make or join a gang
Jacky Blackheart
Jacky Blackheart

Male Posts : 167

Back to top Go down

Post by T. Bowman Mon Jul 29, 2013 3:13 am

Use /me to escape the mugging, possibly using /roll to see if your attempt is successful.
Ex.

Mugger: Drop $75 or your dead.
Me: /me slams my body forward in attempt to knock the mugger over.
Me: /roll
System: Tyler Bowman rolls a 4
Mugger: /roll
System: Mugger rolls a 7
Mugger: /me staggers slightly at the attempt but remains unmoved
Mugger: Try that shit again and you're dead. Now cough up the money.
Me: /dropmoney 75
Mugger: Good, you tell a soul and I'll make it my personal mission to find you and end your life.
Mugger: /me shoves the man away and sprints off
T. Bowman
T. Bowman
Co-Owner
Co-Owner

Male Posts : 111

Back to top Go down

Post by Pjosip Mon Jul 29, 2013 3:24 am

Good idea, but about 3% of random poeple who join the server would know /roll, and beasides this still semi-serious RP, not HL2RP
Pjosip
Pjosip

Back to top Go down

Post by Cypher Mon Jul 29, 2013 4:30 am

Pjosip wrote:Good idea, but about 3% of random poeple who join the server would know /roll, and beasides this still semi-serious RP, not HL2RP

This isn't HL2RP?

WHAT THE FUCK TYLER YOU LIED.

Muggings suck, they do. But FearRP is kinda overused. One member of the community makes it his life goal to keep his gun out 100% of the time so he can't be FearRP'd.
Cypher
Cypher
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 206

Back to top Go down

Post by Rendered-spectre Mon Jul 29, 2013 5:06 am

In my opinion, rules for muggings should include that you can only mug one person, no more (unless there's more than one of you), and if they resist, you just kill them. It's only breaking FearRP if they try to pull their own weapon or run off. People refusing to hand over money in real life happens (sadly), some people are just so selfish/greedy/arrogant that they'd rather be shot than hand over their money willingly.
Rendered-spectre
Rendered-spectre

Male Posts : 58

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel Mon Jul 29, 2013 5:08 am

Might add a mugging time rule. You can only mug once every 30 mins or even once every hour. May encourage mobs to start earning protection money too.
Daniel
Daniel
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Jacky Blackheart Mon Jul 29, 2013 6:52 am

Daniel wrote:Might add a mugging time rule. You can only mug once every 30 mins or even once every hour. May encourage mobs to start earning protection money too.

my opinion about the mugging timer rule:

Last edited by Jacky Blackheart on Mon Jul 29, 2013 7:50 am; edited 3 times in total
Jacky Blackheart
Jacky Blackheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Pjosip Mon Jul 29, 2013 7:24 am

How about you can shoot a person, but not kill it?
IT is a reasonable tradeoff.
Pjosip
Pjosip

Back to top Go down

Post by Jacky Blackheart Mon Jul 29, 2013 7:28 am

Pjosip wrote:How about you can shoot a person, but not kill it?
IT is a reasonable tradeoff.

if you trust the person to not tell the cops.. and let him survive.. i would shoot his leggs to make him slow.. not a bad idea pjosip
Jacky Blackheart
Jacky Blackheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Pjosip Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:06 am

Also since "mugging rule" is a problem, a tool that acts like a crowbar, but instead opening a door it strips off people from 100$, and you can only use it once every 30 minutes.
It wouldn't be instant, so you can't simply run past a guy and rob people randomly, and also if you want you can add that the other person is frozen (so no breaking of FearRP).
Pjosip
Pjosip

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodney Bryson Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:13 am

Pjosip wrote:Also since "mugging rule" is a problem, a tool that acts like a crowbar, but instead opening a door it strips off people from 100$, and you can only use it once every 30 minutes.
It wouldn't be instant, so you can't simply run past a guy and rob people randomly, and also if you want you can add that the other person is frozen (so no breaking of FearRP).

That tool would take away the interaction with other people when mugging (the RP) and would be abused heavily. Especially if it froze people, we wouldn't like to have mingebags on the server with the ability to freeze people and take their money.
Rodney Bryson
Rodney Bryson
Co-Owner
Co-Owner

Male Posts : 221

Back to top Go down

Post by Pjosip Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:31 am

Well, I find it better to have one mingebag freeze and steal money once every 30 minutes than one doing that without freezing every 5 minutes, or even kill people for that matter.

Seriousely, where do you find abuse?
Pjosip
Pjosip

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodney Bryson Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:33 am

The abuse part is giving people the ability to freezing someone randomly and take their money.

Whenever I get mugged, I RP it proper, I don't usually drop $100 as in real life I very rarely carry that much on me. I use "/me gets out wallet."
etc and I will drop a random amount within $30-$90, it really depends on the situation. I might also act like I am panicing as if a guy in real life pointed a gun at me and demanded money.

So the reason why I think it shouldn't get added is that it takes this away from the mugging aspect and just leaves people walking up to someone random, freezes them and takes $100 magically from them. The tools we add to the server should be mainly RP-enhancing things imo. Not the opposite. I think we should just make a rule restricting how often you can mug, it's much easier. I understand why you want it, it's obviously to stop people from breaking fearrp and mug often, but people just need to read the rules. If they can't read the rules, they'll be punished, it's as simple as that.
Rodney Bryson
Rodney Bryson
Co-Owner
Co-Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Pjosip Mon Jul 29, 2013 12:39 pm

And we go back to admins having to follow people for 30 minutes or everybody can claim they were mugged 5 minutes ago by same person, I'm just saying to replace greater evil with a smaller evil, nothing is perfect but we have to find some balance.
Pjosip
Pjosip

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodney Bryson Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:16 pm

The thing is, the tool itself is powergaming by freezing you in place and it's sort of breaking one of our rules.
Rule 49 says that the victim of the mugging also chooses the amount they are mugged by, as at the end of the day it would be metagame to say that the victim had more than that.
You can't just magically force $100 out of someones wallet.
Rodney Bryson
Rodney Bryson
Co-Owner
Co-Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Fulcrum Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:29 pm

Rodney Bryson wrote:The thing is, the tool itself is powergaming by freezing you in place and it's sort of breaking one of our rules.
Rule 49 says that the victim of the mugging also chooses the amount they are mugged by, as at the end of the day it would be metagame to say that the victim had more than that.

quoted for truth.

I think people should have a choice in every situation.
IF you are getting mugged you should be able to roleplay getting mugged. You might be able to get away. The person mugging isnt at a disadvantage if you get away.

Getting kidnapped and being forced to spend 10 minutes with a bunch of snot nosed kids who dont know how to rp and just spam in ooc a rediculous ransom isn't fun. Its just a waste of time. You probably won't enjoy it. You will probably die and lose any stuff you had. On top of this if you try to do anything about it they'll get the staff on you and get you kicked. It just gets in the way of actual rp.

Fulcrum

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Pjosip Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:18 am

Fulcrum wrote:I think people should have a choice in every situation.
IF you are getting mugged you should be able to roleplay getting mugged. You might be able to get away. The person mugging isnt at a disadvantage if you get away.

Getting kidnapped and being forced to spend 10 minutes with a bunch of snot nosed kids who dont know how to rp and just spam in ooc a rediculous ransom isn't fun. Its just a waste of time. You probably won't enjoy it. You will probably die and lose any stuff you had. On top of this if you try to do anything about it they'll get the staff on you and get you kicked. It just gets in the way of actual rp.

SO the problem you say is people abusing their power, that mainly ends up in player being killed if he does not do as he was told, giving the money.

Thing with the tool is you can always call the cops while they are performing the mug operation, and /911 even shows your location, and if the mugging sucsseeds player gets stripped of 100$ MAX (you can of course set this to random variable between $30 and $100) and you know the mugger won't be able to do it again for next 30 minutes (aka going from one person to another untill he mugs everybody on the server), you can always opt that the tool say "you found nothing".

But you say to me that ability to brake FearRp, RDM people if they don't give money, constant mugging sounds better just because player is "offered" more RP even if instead losing $100 max you are "offered" to lose all your guns you might have due a kid counting down from 5 after he starts mugging and killing you if you don't drop the money by the time of 0

Just to say that last 3 muggings I was doing somebody in the mob team (even if I don't tell them to) would start cunting down, and kill in every other scenario where you don't give money.

So I need to say I would gladly be "forced" to give somewhere between $0 and $100 than have an "option" to lose all the good stuff I might be carrying.

My final argument, there is nothing more I can say without being repeative, and therefore causing spam.

*Pulls out a gun* Hey you, give me your wallet!
Most commonly used word when mugging IRL
Pjosip
Pjosip

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodney Bryson Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:29 am

Pjosip wrote:
*Pulls out a gun* Hey you, give me your wallet!
Most commonly used word when mugging IRL

That's not my point.

My point is that not everyone carries $100 in their wallet irl...
The most common form of mugging irl is taking wallet/money and phone.
One I know of was told on the streets to give his iphone and money, they just assumed he had an iphone as most people does nowadays and you can sell that for some bucks. The funny thing is he was carrying a shitty phone for $10 and like $1 in cash on him, so they just said "have a good day" to him and left him without taking anything.
Rodney Bryson
Rodney Bryson
Co-Owner
Co-Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next