Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Moderator Application

+3
dxmarc
SilentK
SwiftHF
7 posters

Go down

Moderator Application Empty Moderator Application

Post by SwiftHF Sat Aug 10, 2013 6:06 am

Steam Name: SwiftHF (http://steamcommunity.com/id/swifthf)
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:41272143
In-game name(s): Joe Swift
How long have you been playing on Illusion Gaming RP?: About 8 or 9 days, with about 7 - 10 hours per day.
Total Time Spent on Garry's Mod: 275 hours as of this post.
Roughly how long a day can you spend on the server?: 7 - 10 hours weekends/holidays, else about 6 hours.
Why do you want to be a moderator for our server?: I've got multiple answers to this question, so I'll put them in a manageable order.

My first reason lies in the community. I'm not applying to be a moderator for the ability to "feel powerful" or "be cool", I'm doing it for the support of the community. I'm aware that staff have lives too, and them having to dedicate their time towards helping the server is difficult work, as I know from past experience, and they are not always able to dedicate their time to the server, especially as it is the Summer Holidays for most schools and people are out with family and friends. A serious roleplay server needs serious rules, which this server has, but those rules also require enforcement, else the rules are useless. I hope to be able to enforce those rules to give both a better experience to players and an easier time for staff.

My second reason lies in my experience. I have had previous experience being an admin for a DarkRP server, albeit it was a less serious RolePlay server, as it was a server designed for "Newbie's", being an admin there has taught me both how to deal with rulebreakers, let players have a good time and importantly, how to use ULX. Although ULX isn't complicated, it's something that might need to be explained to a starting staff member beforehand, however I do not require any training or teaching in regards to ULX as I have used it many times before, before the server that I was on, "NewbieRP", was abandoned by the players, along with me disliking it's less serious "fashion". However,

My third reason reason is my understanding of the rules. I am aware of what is and isn't allowed,  *(Although I have been known to word my sentences stupidly) and partly the reason I am applying is because of the amount of times I've had to call over an admin for "FearRP" or "PropBlock", etc etc. Having to call over an admin to sort it out not only wastes the admins time, but allows the RuleBreaker to continue rules if the admin is busy responding to another problem or "minge".

Give us an example of how you would deal with a rule-breaker: I think this question is entirely dependent on the situation, so for that reason I will create a hypothetical, or "made up" situation. Let's presume there is a player who is RDM'ing in the streets. The first "objective", so to say, is to identify the player who is rule-breaking. If I see the RDMing happening, I would take the player to an isolated location where they cannot kill any more players, potentially freeze them, and discuss their side of the story, possibly with the affected player(s). If they have not got a good reason that can be backed up (and is not against the rules), I would ask them if they understood what RDM was, and if not, ask them to read the rules along with explaining it. Depending on the severity of the case, and whether the player has done similar things before, I would give either a warning, kick or ban, and if a warning/kick, keep an eye out for the player. If I did not see the RDM happen in progress, and it was reported, I would again isolate/freeze the player, however I would want some decent evidence before I went ahead with a punishment more than a warning.

I appreciate you taking the time to read this, thanks!

SwiftHF

Back to top Go down

Moderator Application Empty Re: Moderator Application

Post by SilentK Sat Aug 10, 2013 7:08 am

+1
Wow, thats a nice application you got there.

You are a nice person, you say you have a good understanding of ULX so you have experience so, the question is, where can I find negatives? Razz

"I would ask them if they understood what RDM was, and if not, ask them to read the rules along with explaining it"

Hehehe, a trick I do is to grab there SteamID then convert it into a CommunityID then go to the culprit's profile and see how many hours of GMod they have recorded xD

Last edited by SilentK on Sat Aug 10, 2013 7:08 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : comment)
SilentK
SilentK

Male Posts : 47

Back to top Go down

Post by SwiftHF Sat Aug 10, 2013 7:17 am

SilentK wrote:+1
Wow, thats a nice application you got there.

You are a nice person, you say you have a good understanding of ULX so you have experience so, the question is, where can I find negatives? Razz

"I would ask them if they understood what RDM was, and if not, ask them to read the rules along with explaining it"

Hehehe, a trick I do is to grab there SteamID then convert it into a CommunityID then go to the culprit's profile and see how many hours of GMod they have recorded xD
Thanks for the reply, I appreciate feedback. Interesting idea there.

SwiftHF

Back to top Go down

Post by dxmarc Sat Aug 10, 2013 7:42 am

SwiftHF wrote:Steam Name: SwiftHF (http://steamcommunity.com/id/swifthf)
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:41272143
In-game name(s): Joe Swift
How long have you been playing on Illusion Gaming RP?: About 8 or 9 days, with about 7 - 10 hours per day.
Total Time Spent on Garry's Mod: 275 hours as of this post.
Roughly how long a day can you spend on the server?: 7 - 10 hours weekends/holidays, else about 6 hours.
Why do you want to be a moderator for our server?: I've got multiple answers to this question, so I'll put them in a manageable order.

My first reason lies in the community. I'm not applying to be a moderator for the ability to "feel powerful" or "be cool", I'm doing it for the support of the community. I'm aware that staff have lives too, and them having to dedicate their time towards helping the server is difficult work, as I know from past experience, and they are not always able to dedicate their time to the server, especially as it is the Summer Holidays for most schools and people are out with family and friends. A serious roleplay server needs serious rules, which this server has, but those rules also require enforcement, else the rules are useless. I hope to be able to enforce those rules to give both a better experience to players and an easier time for staff.

My second reason lies in my experience. I have had previous experience being an admin for a DarkRP server, albeit it was a less serious RolePlay server, as it was a server designed for "Newbie's", being an admin there has taught me both how to deal with rulebreakers, let players have a good time and importantly, how to use ULX. Although ULX isn't complicated, it's something that might need to be explained to a starting staff member beforehand, however I do not require any training or teaching in regards to ULX as I have used it many times before, before the server that I was on, "NewbieRP", was abandoned by the players, along with me disliking it's less serious "fashion". However,

My third reason reason is my understanding of the rules. I am aware of what is and isn't allowed,  *(Although I have been known to word my sentences stupidly) and partly the reason I am applying is because of the amount of times I've had to call over an admin for "FearRP" or "PropBlock", etc etc. Having to call over an admin to sort it out not only wastes the admins time, but allows the RuleBreaker to continue rules if the admin is busy responding to another problem or "minge".

Give us an example of how you would deal with a rule-breaker: I think this question is entirely dependent on the situation, so for that reason I will create a hypothetical, or "made up" situation. Let's presume there is a player who is RDM'ing in the streets. The first "objective", so to say, is to identify the player who is rule-breaking. If I see the RDMing happening, I would take the player to an isolated location where they cannot kill any more players, potentially freeze them, and discuss their side of the story, possibly with the affected player(s). If they have not got a good reason that can be backed up (and is not against the rules), I would ask them if they understood what RDM was, and if not, ask them to read the rules along with explaining it. Depending on the severity of the case, and whether the player has done similar things before, I would give either a warning, kick or ban, and if a warning/kick, keep an eye out for the player. If I did not see the RDM happen in progress, and it was reported, I would again isolate/freeze the player, however I would want some decent evidence before I went ahead with a punishment more than a warning.

I appreciate you taking the time to read this, thanks!
Your app is good; maybe a little too good. Joke +1 from me. Good idea on how you should deal with a rule breaker. In my eyes you got it just right.

dxmarc

Back to top Go down

Post by Bassman274 Sat Aug 10, 2013 7:52 am

+1 good app and great player also very active.
Bassman274
Bassman274
Head-Admin
Head-Admin

Male Posts : 293

Back to top Go down

Post by The-Devils-Son Sat Aug 10, 2013 7:55 am

+1 from me good app btw

The-Devils-Son
Head-Admin
Head-Admin