Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Police Badge

+3
Bassman274
Cain Law
Pjosip
7 posters

Go down

Police Badge Empty Police Badge

Post by Pjosip Sun Aug 18, 2013 3:44 am

So lately I have seen people trying to infiltrate PD using clothes they bought.
But, most of the times people see their name colour or see in TAB that they are not actual police and try the best they can to "roleplay" as them finding out they are not police...
So I suggest that every police officer spawns with a Badge, a simple tool that you can left click with and what it does it says "Player showed you his badge" in a way you can't do it using chat.

That is the simplest way I could think of when it comes to coding, now if it is possible, actually showing some sort of a prop in the hand or any GUI scripting would compliment the mod, especially if it already exists.

Now I suggest that with the left click it changes your nametag to blue.

Also the ability to make and sell the badges at extreme prices (sutch as 50.000) would make it so it is less likely for some ritch clothes seller to give out 10 PD uniforms and actually have people inflatrating the PD sucssesfully.

Also it would rule out somebody "not seeing you before" and "checking the police computer" on the players.

I would also like to suggest that for buying a PD unifor (same as for ordering an assasination) you need a valid RP reason, not everday you see people buying police uniforms for fun and without general purpouse.
And maby, just maby if possible limit the amount of uniforms a player can spawn.

Pjosip
Pjosip

Male Posts : 202

http://thedominionnetwork.ewwbly.com

Back to top Go down

Police Badge Empty ...

Post by Cain Law Sun Aug 18, 2013 4:29 am

It would be cool if this was added, yesterday I was a clothes seller and during a rather long lockdown people were visiting my shop for CP uniforms until finally there only about 4 normal cps and about 5 imposter cps.

Cain Law

Back to top Go down

Police Badge Empty Re: Police Badge

Post by Bassman274 Sun Aug 18, 2013 4:37 am

This would be great and stop everyone accusing each other of meta every 5 seconds.
Bassman274
Bassman274
Head-Admin
Head-Admin

Male Posts : 293

Back to top Go down

Post by Teletric Sun Aug 18, 2013 2:08 pm

I can see how this benefits the CP.
In a checkpoint, they can hold a "Badge Check" for anyone in a police costume to assure they have a badge and are actual CP, therefore blowing their cover if they are not.
So anyone in a police costume will have to do their best to avoid checkpoints so it seems normal, and not gain suspicion.
Teletric
Teletric

Male Posts : 70

Back to top Go down

Post by Cypher Sun Aug 18, 2013 2:25 pm

Or you know you could just ask them to pull their stun stick out.
Thats what I do.
no need to create a brand new script for a problem already solved

/thread
Cypher
Cypher
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 206

Back to top Go down

Post by Teletric Sun Aug 18, 2013 2:29 pm

Cypher wrote:Or you know you could just ask them to pull their stun stick out.
Thats what I do.

/thread
What if you lose your Stunstick in an RP situation?
Teletric
Teletric

Back to top Go down

Post by Cypher Sun Aug 18, 2013 2:30 pm

Teletric wrote:
Thats what I do.

/thread
You can't.
It's impossible to loose the Stunstick.
Cypher
Cypher
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Teletric Sun Aug 18, 2013 2:36 pm

Cypher wrote:
Teletric wrote:
Thats what I do.

/thread
You can't.
It's impossible to loose the Stunstick.
Good point.
Well looks like this idea is pretty much useless.
Teletric
Teletric

Back to top Go down

Post by Pjosip Sun Aug 18, 2013 11:26 pm

Well that's the thing, you can't obtain stunsticks or other tools CP uses, so with a badge you could actually get in if you put more cash & effort into it, cause let's face it, the first thing you do when you see a "CP" with a different name is "hey, i haven't seen you before are you new? Can you show me your stunstick please" and I have seen allot of people do it, almost everybody including some staff but I don't wanna name anybody.

So this way if a hitman has a job to assasinate the mayor, he can infiltrate the PD without being looked at differently as soon as he enters it.

Also how about the 2nd point, to change the colour of the name eather via the badge or the costume, would make it harder for CP to see he's different in OOC.
Pjosip
Pjosip

Back to top Go down

Post by Bassman274 Sun Aug 18, 2013 11:28 pm

Maybe fake badges could be sold by black market dealers for a ridiculous price in singles only (nobody will want shipments lets be fair) and that means that the false police actually have a chance rather than it being completely impossible for them to get by unless they're a guard.
Bassman274
Bassman274
Head-Admin
Head-Admin

Male Posts : 293

Back to top Go down

Post by Teletric Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:36 am

Bassman274 wrote:Maybe fake badges could be sold by black market dealers for a ridiculous price in singles only (nobody will want shipments lets be fair) and that means that the false police actually have a chance rather than it being completely impossible for them to get by unless they're a guard.
But then cops can still ask them to show them their Stunstick since they are police issue-only and they'll still get in trouble.
Teletric
Teletric

Back to top Go down

Post by Cain Law Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:49 am

Teletric wrote:
Bassman274 wrote:Maybe fake badges could be sold by black market dealers for a ridiculous price in singles only (nobody will want shipments lets be fair) and that means that the false police actually have a chance rather than it being completely impossible for them to get by unless they're a guard.
But then cops can still ask them to show them their Stunstick since they are police issue-only and they'll still get in trouble.
Then let the BMD sell shipments of stun-sticks, they can be used for non-lethal ways of making people move.

Cain Law

Back to top Go down

Post by Fredd Higgins Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:51 am

why would a cop say "show me your stun stick" randomly to another cop IRL? badges make more sense imo
Fredd Higgins
Fredd Higgins

Male Posts : 75

Back to top Go down

Post by Cypher Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:24 am

Fredd Higgins wrote:why would a cop say "show me your stun stick" randomly to another cop IRL? badges make more sense imo
Wanna go that route?

Why would someone risk capital punishment to walk around in a police uniform?
Why would someone sit in their house all day printing money instead of talking to people?
Why would someone randomly fire their gun into the air and point it at random people?

OH YEA, WE'RE IN DARKRP.
Cypher
Cypher
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Felor Metlock Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:54 am

Cypher wrote:
Fredd Higgins wrote:why would a cop say "show me your stun stick" randomly to another cop IRL? badges make more sense imo
Wanna go that route?

Why would someone risk capital punishment to walk around in a police uniform?
Why would someone sit in their house all day printing money instead of talking to people?
Why would someone randomly fire their gun into the air and point it at random people?

OH YEA, WE'RE IN DARKRP.
1st one) Attention if/when caught, hitman bypassing security
2nd one) a insociable person who wants to get rich
3rd one) They're a psychopath of some tonight

Felor Metlock

Back to top Go down

Post by Pjosip Mon Aug 19, 2013 5:50 pm

Teletric wrote:
My aim is to make the police badge the only non-meta way to indentify the police, also if your name is blue and you show your badge the only way for a person to be any more suspicious is if he looked at the tab menu witch is meta.

I wouldn't advise selling stunsticks, unless you remove it from guard so that he ahs to buy it himself (more job for BMD).
And can I get any feedback on the idea that clothes you buy change your name colour?
Pjosip
Pjosip

Back to top Go down

Post by Teletric Wed Aug 21, 2013 4:52 am

Pjosip wrote:
Teletric wrote:
My aim is to make the police badge the only non-meta way to indentify the police, also if your name is blue and you show your badge the only way for a person to be any more suspicious is if he looked at the tab menu witch is meta.

I wouldn't advise selling stunsticks, unless you remove it from guard so that he ahs to buy it himself (more job for BMD).
And can I get any feedback on the idea that clothes you buy change your name colour?
Names changing color when you buy a uniform? What if I'm just a citizen wearing a costume for fun rather than a disguise? Maybe Halloween or something.
Teletric
Teletric

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down